Visual Designer (expert-level Visual Design, iOS design, responsive web design)
US - TX - The Woodlands
The specific focus we need for this role is expert-level visual design capabilities. Candidates must have a portfolio that demonstrates pixel-perfect attention to detail, mastery of color/type/gestalt, and ability to execute designs across multiple screen sizes responsively. This is much more consumer-level app visual design than enterprise corporate apps.
Visual Design, iOS design experience, responsive web design experience
Please submit candidates with portfolios of their work in order to be considered.
Job Description (General Overview of the role):
Our engineers build specialized tools to take on the world’s toughest energy challenges; we are looking for a designer to help design them. Work in a company that values user experience, and join a corporate community of UX professionals who will challenge you and grow your skillset. If you want to work on challenging scientific and engineering software with highly technical problems, and have strong skills in interaction design and communication.
Basic Function: User Interface Designer
Job Responsibilities (Day to Day Activities of the Role):
• Work with a broad range of engineers and scientists to help build fast, effective designs.
• Develop paper and electronic prototypes to test your concepts and try many ideas before settling into the right design.
• Ability to be able to shift gears quickly and have a pragmatic sense of design.
• Ability to make complex things simple, but only by deeply understanding the problem.
• Ability to collaborate with a team of non-designers.
• Ability to communicate verbally and visually
• User Research
• Usability Testing
• Electronic and Paper Prototyping
• Interaction Design
• Data Visualization
Desired Skills or Experience:
• 3+ years of experience
• 2+ years of experience in Oil and Gas or other science/engineering domain preferred.
• Experience working with modern desktop platforms like .NET/WPF is a plus and will make communication with software developers easier.
Education: BS in Computer Science or Equivalent