US - NC - Durham
- UX Designer in Durham, NC
- 6 month contract
- Shape the next generation of educational software products for the medical community
- Make a real-world impact by making doctors better health providers
- Design new features for our existing products
- Perform user testing and develop action plans based on your findings
- Continually refine existing products based on user-centric metrics
- Translate complex ideas and requirements into elegant user experiences
- Create wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes for various platforms and devices
- Help to establish a scalable design system that is easy for others to implement
- Work in concert with our product management, development and content/educational teams to build experiences that align with our brand, provide real customer value and grow our engaged audience.
- Spend 10% of your time working on new projects with various teams within the organization
- 3+ years of user experience and user interface design that has yielded published, production-quality results on the web or in software
- Demonstrated proficiency in industry tools like Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Cloud (and open to learning new ones)
- A portfolio of user experience and visual design work that showcases your problem-solving ability
- Be proficient at solving business problems by facilitating a user-centric design process.
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches and lo-fi & high-fi prototyping skills
- Strong communication and presentational skills – you can effectively communicate your solutions to other designers, product stakeholders, management and executives as well as those outside the organization
- Knowledge of accessibility and web performance best practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Tangible experience working as part of a team
Desired (not required) Skills:
- Experienced with agile software development
- Able to communicate raw ideas through a variety of mediums, including sketches and wireframes
- Fired up about design standards, typography, grid systems, color theory, and the latest in UX best practices to the point of researching these topics during personal time
- Able to design across screen sizes and devices to ensure the integrity of the experience in all contexts
- Willing to take the initiative to identify and act on opportunities to improve the product offering – not afraid to challenge the status quo!
- Rock-solid under pressure and able to manage shifts in requirements in stride
- Savvy in front-end development best practices, and able to liaise successfully between the design and development groups to ensure collective success
- Experienced in working on software applications with heavy traffic and growing user bases from the ground up.
- Experienced in designing for healthcare, education or games
- Bachelor's degree in visual design, interaction design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience