US - NY - New York
- Tester in New York, NY
- 6 month contract
- The Candidate is an external consultant to the Valuation practice, a client-focused team within the client Deals platform. The Candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to design and build Excel based models involving complex Visual Basic elements. In addition, the Candidate will integrate Excel model outputs with web based visual delivery tools. The responsibilities include working with members of the Valuation practice to design and build template models, coordinate beta testing, debug models, and train users.
- The Candidate will have deep knowledge of Visual Basic coding as well as significant experience with design, technical implementation and testing of Visual Basic driven Excel models. He/she will specialize in writing, modifying and debugging software. The Candidate should have minimum of 8+ years of experience working with Visual Basic, (list other technologies relevant to this position).
- The Candidate will play an integral role in the development of template models. He/She should be a self-starter who is attentive to details and works well in a multi-disciplined teaming environment. The Candidate should be a creative thinker who is able to consider multiple perspectives when problem solving. This individual will report directly to the Modeling Team Lead, and work collaboratively with various team members in the Valuation practice (non-programmers).
Strategic & Technical Orientation
- The Candidate will work collaboratively with the Valuation team. They will have strong business acumen and the ability to translate the needs of team members to practical solutions. They will have a deep working knowledge of Visual Basic and ___ , as well as strong skills in the tools common to the client (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite). Experience with data visualization software (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Tableau) is preferred, but not required.
Scope of Responsibility
- The Candidate will design and build Excel models with complex Visual Basic elements. He/she will work with various members of the Valuation practice to understand objectives and requirements and plan testing and training. They will have primary responsibility for programming the most complex aspects of the model as well as develop the code necessary to automatically transfer Excel output to web based delivery tools. The Candidate will have flexibility with changes to project plans. They will also be able to bring their own unique design perspectives and solutions to enhance the vision of the project team.
- Design and build complex Visual Basic driven Excel based models given specific business needs and requirements
- Develop web based delivery tools for model outputs
- Work collaboratively within a team environment to understand business needs and requirements and propose solutions
- Think creatively and consider multiple perspectives when problem solving
- Manage a demanding and widely-fluctuating workload in a high-volume, deadline-driven corporate environment through resource assignment and project coordination, re-prioritizing projects as necessary
- Completion of project milestones within specified timeframes
- Satisfaction of leadership and team with the development process and results of deliverables
- Upward and peer feedback results, as well as formal performance feedback from the Modeling Team Lead.
- Undergraduate Degree (e.g., BA, BS) or equivalent experience
- 8+ Years Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar
- In depth experience in Excel, Visual Basic and HTML
- Must have knowledge in the design, development and testing of software
- Proven ability to deliver unexpected digital strategies and concepts which lead to successful design solutions.
- Creative problem solving skills
- Able to work on tight timeframes while maintaining outstanding attention to detail
- Experience in project management and planning
- Proven ability to work well with individuals at all levels within an organization
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Tableau) preferred, but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
- Portfolio of work required for consideration