Territory Lead (Salesforce Global Defect Triage and Management)
US - FL - Tampa
- Territory Lead (Salesforce Global Defect Triage and Management) in Tampa, FL
- 5 month contract
- Should be East or Central Coast based (although will consider a West Coast candidate) with the ability to work across many different time zones.
- In depth understanding of existing functionality (client management, access control model, opportunity functionality, etc). Both technical (at least high level) and business perspective.
- Defect triage and management (daily) across all territories
- Communication with Dev, QA, Support, and Stakeholder teams of defect status
- Weekly communications of completed defects to end user stakeholder comms group
- Ownership of "preview" period for defects only
- Coordination with functional team to understand upcoming release candidate in detail
- Coordination with functional team of documentation that would go to end users
- Formalize documentation of the defect remediation process as it relates to preview
- Support kick off conversations (lead by the functional team) to describe preview defect review process
- Direct, or redirect cases/questions, and only escalate to defects as necessary
- Weekly communication to end users (business, technical, support) of overall status
- Active use of project management tool (pForce)
- Defects, and reporting primarily
- Responsible for creating pForce users
- 5+ year experience in Salesforce configuration and implementing CRM systems
- Required, Salesforce Administrator or App Builder certification
- Ability to learn/digest custom Salesforce build quickly -- business AND technically oriented
- Must have excellent oral and written communication, presenting, meeting facilitation, negotiation, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Must be a team player as demonstrated through a customer qualification of a global large scale/enterprise implementation with multiple workstreams.
- Experience working with external IT supplier & global and virtual teams
- Experience working independently with business and IT teams
- Detail and process oriented
- Proven critical thinking and decision making skills in an expedient and efficient manner.
- Experience with case/defect triage, and support processes
- Strong project management skills, including status updates and reports.
- Undergraduate Degree (e.g., BA, BS) or equivalent experience