Technical Specialist (Sewage Treatment Plant)
US - NJ - Salem
- Perform various laboratory tests using measuring and laboratory equipment to determine quality of effluent in order to meet all New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection regulations.
- Complete, analyze and submit on a timely basis, water sample test data for all required reporting to Government Regulatory agencies.
- Anticipate changes in plant load and weather conditions: determine causes of treatment imbalance and initiate mechanical system or chemical application adjustments to avoid plant overload and bacterial imbalance.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on plant equipment such as lubrication and adjustment.
- Accompany and advise, on plant modifications, operational problems, redesign sessions, and plant function tours.
- Perform duties normally associated with other trade areas including the general cleanliness and appearance of equipment and physical surroundings of the sewage plant.
- Obey Client and OSHA safety rules.
- Attend daily 0700 morning meeting in Hope Creek Chemistry department
- Perform weekly sewage lift station visual inspections
- Increase awareness of safety and security thereby reducing our exposure to accident and incidents that negatively impact our ability to achieve business excellence.
- Operate Client sewage vacuum truck for sludge transfers and portable toilet cleaning onsite. Inspect automotive vehicles to ensure safety and efficiency.
- Respond to routine and emergency situations and communicate with Client staff. Determine malfunction and formulate a course of action, which may include either adjust/repair or call for assistance.
- Establish, implement and monitor methods of inventory control. Order and reorder necessary supplies and equipment by initiating purchase orders and providing the necessary follow-up on all orders.
- Maintain inventories of laboratory chemicals and supplies and reorder as necessary. • Maintain all records required regarding water and waste water treatment operations: report all concerns immediately to the Supervisor.
- Make recommendations on improving efficiency and reducing costs for sewage treatment operations
- Work with other trades to effect completion of construction and repairs within time frame. Encourage improvement and efficiency in other employees.
Experience and Skills Education, Certifications, or Special Licenses:
- A high school diploma
- A valid driver's license is required.
- A New Jersey State Sewage Plant Operator license S-3 and a New Jersey State Sewage Collection System license C-2 is required.
- 4-6 years of sewage treatment equipment operations and maintenance experience is required, of which three years must include laboratory experience in testing of water and waste water.