Technical Project Manager
US - NC - Triangle Park
- Performance testing of Lubricant Components
- Focus on projects specifically related to Anti-Oxidants, Lubricant Formulations, Anti-wear, Corrosion Inhibitors
- Presentation of technical papers at industry events
- More emphasis on reviewing research literature.
- Additional Description
- Program Test Manager
- The Program Test Manager role is a dedicated resource tasked with the overall responsibility of the successful execution of testing within the program to achieve a high degree of quality to reduce risks & issues and increase customer satisfaction. The role involves quality and test advocacy, heavy coordination, resource planning and management, and resolution of issues that impede the test effort. This covers:
- Negotiating the ongoing purpose and deliverables of the test effort including development and maintenance of the Program and individual Solution test strategies
- Ensuring the appropriate planning and management of the test resources including test plans / requirement traceability matrix (RTM), test cases, environments, data, personnel, etc.
- Coordinating and managing the testing execution and defect resolution across the integrated systems and teams required for solutions delivered within the program, including end-to-end business process testing across all involved systems.
- Assessing the progress and effectiveness of the testing efforts, and reporting to all relevant parties, also acting as an escalation instance in case a root cause analysis across multiple systems is unclear, involvement of architects if root cause is a design issue which can not be solved by testers and developers
- Advocating the appropriate level of quality by establishing and controlling the testing entry & exit criteria
- Advocating an appropriate level of testability focus in the software development process
- The appropriate skills and knowledge for the Program Test Manager is:
- Knowledge of all aspects of the software engineering process
- Experience in a wide variety of testing efforts, techniques and tools
- Experience managing testing efforts across multiple technical teams in different locations and time zones.
- People skills, especially diplomacy and advocacy skills
- Planning and management skills
- Knowledge of the domain, system or application-under-test (desirable)
- Experience programming or managing programming teams (desirable)
- Desired characteristics for the Program Test Manager is:
- Detailed oriented
- Proximity to Client APN’s site in Research Triangle Park, NC
- Global IT Project Management experience for Testing Program Management and Coordination (NC, Germany, and India)
- Confident and amicable personality that can stand up and give difficult feedback comfortably and provide positive perspective along with specific details on path forward solution.
- Discerning view/understanding of big picture from varying perspectives. Strong collaboration skills
- Broad experience across PM, Data Integration, Dev Ops in order to understand gaps from more than one perspective
- Create and manage test plans for continuous integration and deployment scenarios. Will work on 4 projects simultaneously in an agile environment for quarterly releases.
- Data Integration Testing
- Web & Mobile environment
- Adobe, Agile (front end)