Team Leader I - LA Region
US - CA - Culver City
Deskside Team Leader I – IT (Nike LAHQ)
At Stefanini, we're passionate about enabling our customers to win and about exceeding their expectations. Nike, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes, and we at Stefanini do more than provide technology support. Together, we've created a place to explore your potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We look for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. Our cultures thrive on embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders, and visionaries. It's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
What will you do?
The Deskside Team Leader will manage a team of technicians that are located onsite at multiple Nike office locations in the region. This team provides on-site deskside support to end users by supporting laptops, desktops, mobile devices, printers and AV equipment. This team will al so be responsible for equipment moves, smart hands support, event support, VIP support and Technology Performance Bar support. The Team Leader will be responsible for the day to day management of the team as well a s working with the Client Services Management team in developing long term strategies and meeting and exceeding service levels. This Team Leader will be the single point of contact (SPOC) for both the deskside team and the customer. This TL will also need to have strong technical skills and experience so they can be a backup and technical point of contact for the team. The primary hours will be Monday-Friday during first shift; however the Team Leader may need to be available for after-hours calls and be available for on-call support as needed. This position will be located at Nike’s LA Headquarters (located in Culver City) at their state of the art Nike showroom.
- Management of a team of 6-8 Deskside Technicians including some remote employees
- Working with the Recruiting Department in the hiring of qualified candidates
- Ensuring contractual deliverables are met, complete root cause analysis as needed and identify potential efficiencies
- Ability to perform full Deskside Technician role including supporting all types of IT equipment, IMAC support, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues for Windows and MAC devices, smart hands support, printer, mobile device, VIP and video conference room support mostly in a backup role capacity or as needed.
- Writing employee performance evaluations, delivering annual merit reviews, updating employee journals and performing other administrative tasks as assigned
- Accountable for all of the team’s performance including all SLA’s
- Ensure all employees have the appropriate tools, resources, supplies and training to complete their job duties successfully.
- Ensure direct reports adhere to all schedule and attendance guidelines
- Responsible for coaching and counseling of all direct reports
- Create cohesive team environment through consistent management and communication.
- Queue monitoring and management to ensure workload is balanced and is completed within SLA
- Attend all required meetings and conference calls including weekly management meetings, one on ones and customer facing meetings.
- Approve/Decline employee time off requests ensuring all supported shifts are covered appropriately including on-call requirements
- Ensure all work performed by team is being captured and accounted for appropriately
- Monitor project work requests to ensure projects are updated and completed in a timely fashion (some project management required including working directly with the client)
- Create and maintain employee schedules including on-call rotation
- Hold weekly team meetings and post all meeting minutes
- Ensure regular inventory audits are completed including stockroom audits
- Complete Ticket Audits, review and share survey data and perform other quality measurements as assigned
- Maintain individual Tech Scorecards and track Technician utilization. Develop action plans as needed to address performance issues.
- Conduct 1on1 meetings with each direct report to discuss performance, SLA’s and training requirements.
- Participate in recognition programs to motivate and reward employees
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of management experience including coaching, training, mentoring, interviewing, hiring and terminations or relevant deskside experience
- Windows and MAC hardware and software troubleshooting skills and experience
- Ability to do in-depth research and troubleshooting for complex technical issues
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and experience supporting Apple hardware and devices
- Prior experience in managing client relations
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of and experience with MS Office
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Company conscious and customer oriented
- Understanding of root cause analysis methods
- Experience with change management processes
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Stefanini is a drug free workplace. We reserve the right to require drug and alcohol testing as a condition for employment. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, national origin or ancestry, age handicap or disability, sex, marital status, liability for service in the armed forces of the United States, citizenship or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.