Systems Administrator II
US - MA - Northborough
- Systems Administrator II in Northborough, MA
- 5 month contract
- Provide technical support for the Security Services Network (SSN) hardware and applications.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, operating systems, software and related infrastructure.
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards and security requirements.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in the operational duties and responsibilities of a Systems Administrator possessing a combination of skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and follow through in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively. Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- Gather information, define and resolve issues or outages that occur within the SSN network, in a timely fashion.
- Maintain security patching on all Windows, RHEL operating systems, databases, and appliances in the SSN, within required time frames.
- Perform daily system monitoring using Nagios, verifying the integrity and availability of all SSN hardware, server resources, and key processes. Reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Install, configure, manage and maintain a variety of software, physical and virtual hardware.
- Maintain and manage all facets of SSN Active Directory domain, including but not limited to Group Policy, DFSR, Active Directory Sites and Replicators as well as MS DNS and DHCP.
- Perform periodic performance reporting of SSN hardware to support capacity planning.
- Upgrade applications maintaining C -1
- Responsible for backup and recovery of all SSN devices using NetBackup, participation in Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues SSN users encounter.
- Works with vendors as needed to resolve issues with appliances and server hardware and software within the SSN.
- Acknowledge and resolve incidents forwarded to the CSOST in Service Now.
- Participates in 24x7 on call rotation, providing application and hardware support.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Technical knowledge: The systems administrator should have a good understanding of best practices for managing and maintaining operating systems, software and security within a network.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar role is required
- Degree or certification in IT discipline and at least three (3) years technical server support preferred
- Resourceful, willingness to research and attend training to build knowledge/understanding of implemented technologies to provide a wide range of support capabilities
- Extensive experience with Citrix NetScaler and XenApp is highly desired
- VMWare, ESXi – datastore configuration, support and patching highly desired
- RSA, TACACS and Radius knowledge
- ArcSight SIEM, Netflow, knowledge of intrusion detection technologies highly desired
- MS operating systems and services - Active Directory, group policy, ATA, WSUS, DNS and DHCP
- NetBackup on Linux and Windows platforms, HP3 PAR storage and automated image replication.
- Osirium privileged access management software
- Cylance threat protection
- SNMP, SMTP, SQL, Satellite, Bastian Host
- Ability to meet pressured deadlines, time constraints and periodic requirements
- Willing to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation, provide scheduled off-hours support as needed