Supply Chain Specialist I
US - NJ - Parsippany
This position manages orders end-to-end; manages inbound and outbound transportation and related activities to ensure the consistent flow of goods and material in a predictable manner. Identifies delays and expedites shipments based upon identified business needs and carrier performance metrics. Handles day-to-day logistics operations issues involving both internal and external stakeholders.
1. Responsibility for the supply of products produced in multiple plants:
a. Control of / supervision in order fulfilment and on timely delivery.
b. Inventory control for local warehouses.
c. Allocation of the available quantities together with the responsible with the Manager of Supply Chain TAPI N.A.
d. Signaling organizational and or administrative problems.
2. Independent execution of administrative task related to sales order processing:
a. Sales orders entry.
b. Communication of supply dates/details with customers, based on coordination with plants and account managers.
3. Independent execution of (administrative) activities regarding supplies;
a. Preparation of invoices and other financial or logistics documentation.
b. Communication with customers regarding orders status, changes and shipping notification.
4. Coordination with brokers and government agencies for FDA/USDA/Customs clearance.
5. Coordinate with warehouses for physical distribution of goods.
6. 6. Provide detailed timely and accurate track & trace information for all product movement regardless of mode or transport. Resolve issues expeditiously. Establish ongoing routine two-way communications with major logistics service providers.
7. Active participation in business reviews with logistics service providers and analysis of transport costs in consultation with the Manager of Supply Chain TAPI N.A.
8. Other acitivities like:
a. Internal and external Supply meetings summaries.
b. Customer inquiries and other correspondence.
c. Accurate record keeping and filing.
d. Support of colleagues where necessary to accomplish department objectives.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree, or 3+ years of relevant work experience in Supply Chain / Logistics.
Education Preferred: Logistics or Business Administration.
Experience Required: Minimum 3 years of experience in supply chain/logistics. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience Preferred: Pharmaceutical or fresh-food / FMCG logistics/shipping.
Shipping Department or Receiving Department.
1. Customer-oriented pro-active attitude: takes initiative, creates and achieves.
2. Accurate, extreme attention to detail.
3. Process-oriented mind-set to deal with complexity and change.
4. Structured and self-organized.
5. Good communication skills; ability to partner with and influence others without direct authority; communicate with people from different departments and all levels.