Strategic Sourcing Specialist I
US - MA - Waltham
- Strategic Sourcing Specialist I in Waltham, MA
- 6 month contract
- Responsible for supporting the client’s sourcing activities for Electric Construction.
- Experience should include; category management, supplier relationship management, commercial negotiations, procurement process management and improvement, systems and analytics, market supplier development and a clear, working knowledge of current industry trends.
- With support of the Category Manager, work with Stakeholders to establish clear business needs, apply forward thinking skills to set long term category strategies
- Able to execute operationally, complex sourcing activities
- Manage the delivery of savings targets
- Mastery of transactional sourcing activities
- Understands sourcing processes, able to implement more than one option: RFX, e-sourcing or pooling
Supplier Relationship Management
- Actively focused on maximizing contract values, tracks and reviews its benefits
- Encourages and rewards performance by suppliers
- Holds suppliers to account for delivery using performance data and quarterly business reviews (QBRs)
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach in delivering business outcomes
- Understands the broad range of environmental and social sustainability reporting
- Solid understanding of most contract terms and able to craft terms with legal and management support
- Establishes a negotiation plan with clarity of desired outcomes, leveraging specialist support where appropriate
- Basic understanding of adversary’s position, desired outcomes, and leverage
- Able to involve stakeholders in negotiation preparations and events
- Successful completion of professional negotiation coursework
Procurement Process Management and Improvement
- Able to identify the appropriate supplier performance measurements (KPIs)
- Identify ways to build and improve on existing processes
- Typically improve process efficiency by 5-10% over a 6-12 month period
- Obtain Six Sigma Green Belt or PEx equivalent
Systems and Analytics
- Demonstrates ability in working with multiple ERP systems: SAP, Oracle, Spend Analytics
- Understands how to analyze large data sets and extract valuable information
- Able to build quantitative models and support decision making
- Evaluate and apply the concept of total cost of ownership (TCO)
Market and Supplier Development
- Solid understanding of criteria for alternative country sourcing
- Able to proactively identify how business needs may be met through alternative country sourcing
- Basic understanding of supplier landscape, risks, and benefits in 1-2 global markets
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B.S.) in supply chain, finance or business management required. C.P. M or equivalent certifications preferred. MBA, MS preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiations and vendor management. Strong working knowledge of SAP, Oracle, Ariba & P2P systems required.
- An equivalent combination of education and extensive subject matter expertise along with procurement process experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education requirements listed above.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, specifically in communications across a multi-national organization. Additionally, the candidate should be proficient in planning, collaboration, and analysis.