US - PA - New Kensington
Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Central Staging role is responsible for the initial configuration of new computer hardware prior to delivery to North American locations for deployment to the end user.
- This role is part of the Central Services Hardware Management team which provides the customer-facing management of computer, computer accessories, mobile phone and teleconference services acquisition, lease management activities, hardware life cycle management, process improvement, data analysis and research, preferred supplier interaction, and customer service within a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
Major Activities/Key Challenges:
- Configuration (staging) of new computer equipment for all North America locations.
- Computer and peripheral packaging and shipping.
- Receiving of new computer hardware equipment and validation to the order.
- Active management of local inventory of computers and peripherals.
- Electronic update to incident tickets associated with computer equipment.
- Utilize internally developed processes and tools, as appropriate.
- Communication with team members, end-users, peers, management and preferred hardware suppliers as required.
- Assist in the development of reporting and process improvement efforts.
- Manage the Service Level Agreement (SLA) process in assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Follow verbal or written instructions as well as appropriate methodologies, processes, and procedures.
- Keep track of received data and source documents, by scanning and electronic filing - work with appropriate individuals to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.
- Provide back-up support to other roles within the team, through cross-functional training and ongoing updates in that area.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Basic Qualification/Key Competencies:
- Associates Degree in Information Systems or a related field, or 3 years comparable experience.
- Implementation/Execution: Excel at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using approved methodologies and tools to meet target deliverable dates.
- Communication skills, English proficiency (verbal and written), this is a regional role that can communicate with business, operations and technical personnel.
- Interact with and maintain good working relationships with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Change Agent: Support new ideas and procedural changes that improve individual performance and strengthen team productivity.
- Problem Solver/Team Member: A problem solver with the desire to participate and support collaborative problem solving within the team environment.
- Experience in an Information Services/Technology role.
- Attention to detail in a high throughput environment.
- Ability and drive to work individually and within a team environment.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Communication skills, English proficiency (verbal and written), a regional role that can communicate with business, operations and technical personnel.
- Experience with BMC Remedy or another incident management system.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Experience with FedEx or other shipping software a plus.
- Personal motivation to excel within the role.
- Local support teams at North America locations.
- Automation and manufacturing teams.