Sr Deskside Technician
US - IL - Chicago - Downtown
IT Executive Support Job Description
This is a high profile role with direct IT support responsibilities to the CEO and his staff. The successful candidate will possess a high degree of professionalism, discretion, excellent customer service skills and knowledge of a Microsoft IT environment. The role requires flexibility in working hours and the ability to occasionally support the executives remotely during off-hours.
- Provide IT end user support for C-Suite and extended leadership level executives.
- Prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little or no guidance in high paced environment.
- Primary point-of-contact for all IT issues involving executives. Will work across IT functions, vendors and with the IT Service Delivery for problem resolution.
- Ability to effectively communicate and document new processes and upload them to designated Team Site for Executive support
- Own the relationship between IT and the executives, representing the executive’s needs during the planning of any IT project implementations (i.e. browser upgrades, new travel & expense system, etc.).
- Notify and train executives and executive admins on new technologies, changes and upgrades/enhancements of current software or hardware.
- Set-up, support and monitor meetings of the Board of Directors and departmental meetings.
- Occasional travel to Board of Directors meetings in Pittsburgh or Canada.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years experience
- Technical School certificate or 2 years technical support experience required
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to promptly resolve issue(s)
- Availability and readiness to assist with unscheduled on spot meetings the day of and can be afterhours
- Expert level of written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrates ability to explain complicated IT issues to non-IT end users. Will possess excellent and personable communication skills.
- Occasionally On-Call with working flexible hours based on meeting needs
- Displays engaging interpersonal skills including the ability to think and strategically provide sound judgment with a positive and energetic attitude.
- Provides high level of organization and preparedness for executive meetings as well as maintains workflow under pressure in a highly fast-paced, high-profile work environment.
- Attendance and schedule adherence are requirements of this position
- This position includes continuous walking, bending and lifting equipment sometimes up to 50 pounds and engaging in labor related duties of connecting computer equipment
- May require additional project-specific training
- Working knowledge of the following software
- Windows 7 and 10, Mac OSX
- Microsoft Office/Outlook/Lync/Sharepoint in both the 2010, 2013, and 2016 environments
- Basic Active Directory User Administration
- Proficient in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari
- Acano’s Telepresence Video conferencing system
- Working knowledge of the following hardware
- Mobility devices (iPhone, iPad, Android phones & tablets)
- HP, Dell laptops, Macbook Air/Pro
- Multifunction printers
- Avaya phones
- Cisco Video conferencing system
- General networking knowledge – TCP/IP, VPN, Certificate-based and home wireless, etc.
- Previous experience in supporting end-users in person and remotely. Previous experience supporting the c-suite is a plus.
- Respectfully takes direction from CEO and his staff as well as executive admins
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.