Sr. Deskside Technician
US - TX - Plano
Who we are
For 30+ years, Stefanini has been helping midsize, large and global enterprises increase the efficiency of their IT operations while also helping them leverage information technology to empower their businesses. Our offers include efficient, cost-reducing and effective services (IT Infrastructure Outsourcing, End-User Computing Outsourcing, Application Managed Services, and Mainframe Modernization). With robust offerings aligned with market trends such as automation, cloud, Internet of Things (IoT) and user experience (UX), the company has been recognized with several awards in the area of innovation. Today, the company has a broad portfolio of solutions that combine innovative consulting, marketing, mobility, personalized campaigns and artificial intelligence services for traditional solutions such as service desk, field service and outsourcing (BPO). We have over 25,000 employees across 77 offices in 41 countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia.
What will you do?
- Provide onsite support services by identifying, prioritizing, and confirming resolution of reported problems with desktop, laptop, and networked systems.
- Able to support all phases of contracted onsite support, including installations, upgrades, software, hardware, operating systems, and operating system configuration issues, ensuring they are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved.
- Performs desktop/mobile device maintenance, installations, upgrades, hardware/software break-fix, and moves. Also provides Server and Network Gear support and maintenance, and Smart Hands for Infrastructure Team. Support other IT-related needs within the Client Facility(s).
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from Stefanini Team Lead.
- Developed knowledge and skills through formal training and considerable work experience. Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature as well as unusual issues requiring high level troubleshooting skills.
- Acts as a technical resource to the End Users as well as other Stefanini onsite support staff
- New technology advisory service, testing, integration, and collaboration
- Provides problem response and resolution
- Provides break/fix support for IT equipment in corporate environment
- Support computers, mobile devices, printers, scanners, wireless, VPN, etc.
- Supports 85% macOS, iOS, with the rest being Android, Windows 7/10 operating systems
- IMAC/D Support – IT equipment Install/Move/Add/Change/Disposal
- Conference room technology support
- Performs desktop/mobile device maintenance, installations, upgrades, moves, etc.
- Performs hardware/software break-fix repair services Provides Smart Hands support with networking, server, telecommunications, and other technologies
- Provides preventative maintanence/health checks
- Maintains system configurations and all relevant documentation
- Responsible to follow Asset Management processes and procedures Tracks and resolves incidents and requests through the client's ticketing tool
- Utilize asset management tools
- Ability to work after-hours or on-call as needed
- Provide exceptional support to all levels of employees
- Various other tasks associated with onsite support services
- Other duties as assigned
What do you need to succeed?
- Technical School or higher education, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to use and troubleshoot multiple manufactures PC systems and Windows
- Ability to use and troubleshoot Apple/MAC systems
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Knowledge of other OS’s (Linux, etc.) preferable
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Ability to search internally/externally for support information
- Experience working in and recording information in Ticketing System, including meeting SLA’s
- Attendance and schedule adherence are requirements of this position, overtime could be occasionally necessary
- This position includes continuous walking, bending and lifting equipment sometimes up to 50 pounds and engaging in labor related duties of connecting computer equipment
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of computer, networked and cloud systems
- May develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position or specialization
- Using established procedures and working under immediate supervision, performs assigned tasks
- Resolves routine questions and problems for the Users quickly. Able to address more complex issues with research and/or engaging other available resources.
What you’ll get
- Work with brilliant minds, often within a global capacity;
- Comprehensive Benefits package that includes 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and much more;
- Opportunity to participate in professional development eLearning programs within the Stefanini University, and other virtual training as well.
Why we’re different
- Brazilian and privately owned company;
- Agility, flexibility, and innovation are in our DNA;
- Flat organizational structure which enables faster communication and decision making;
Take a look for yourself
Here's one of our own, talking about the culture, space and growth opportunities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8O37KNINdY
This position is based at the Client location - Plano, TX.