Safety Manager I
US - CA - San Diego
- Safety Manager I in San Diego, CA
- 3 month contract
- Administratively manages documentation for the Safety & Environmental Department. This includes, but not limited to, Workers Compensation claim information, employee training records, KEY Element process activities, safety/health committee documentation.
- Coordinate training activities for the S&E Department and S&E Program owners.
- Assist the Occupational Health Nurse with coordinating employee medical care and administrating the Workers Compensation Program; e.g., establish and communicate employee medical appointments, maintain employee medical files, and other activities as required.
- Work with Safety & Environmental staff to standardize and simplify reports and forms for process control.
- Work with S&E staff to revise, organize and update files with departmental associated programs.
- Provides support for S&E staff in the implementation of Federal/state/local mandated programs.
- Coordinate/document all credit card purchases. Keep P.O. book and invoices and prepare end of the month statement for accounting.
- Perform administrative activities such as typing, filing, organizing, making copies.
- All other duties assigned by the Safety & Environmental Manager.
- Interprets and takes ownership of GMPs and food safety company standards.
- Must be able to provide recall information for raw material usage as well as disposals.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance on any product placed or released from hold status, raw materials as well as finished product.
- Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Accountable for the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list in order to achieve targeted RCR.
- Participates in the implementation of the factory’s playbook, especially in the pillar assigned to the department, to ensure successful completion of all checklist items/actions within the playbook.
The Safety and Environmental Administrator must possess knowledge of and understand the following:
- The policies and procedures related to processing Workers Compensation claims and maintaining such files.
- The policies and procedures for related to the medical care for employees.
- The policies and procedures related to the process by which reporting should be completed.•The process for maintaining and updating files associated with departmental programs.
- How to interpret and implement Federal/state/local mandated programs.
- The policies and procedures for documenting invoices in P.O book.
The Safety and Environmental Administrator must posses the following skills:
- Record and maintain employee training records, KEY Elements process activities and other safety/health document.
- Organize and Plan for the implementation of training activities for the S&D Department and S&E program owners.
- Communicate with medical offices to make medical appointments etc.•Ensure that reports are completed following the company’s standards for reporting.
- Prepare end of the month financial statement according to the accounting department’s standards.
- Execute administrative and other duties assigned by Safety & Environmental Manager.
The Safety and Environmental Administrator must possess the following minimal education and experience:
- High School diploma preferred.
- Solid computer experience to include proficiency with Microsoft Word.