Receiving Clerk I
US - OR - Beaverton
The Receiving Clerk works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice which consist of multiple duties, assisting with uploading delivery trucks and being responsible for tracking deliveries and troubleshooting order issues with supplier, and facilitating the return of damaged products to vendors.
- Process delivered items in inventory and ticketing systems.
- Monitor receiving queue for escalations or request to expedite orders.
- Assists in unloading shipments from delivery truck.
- Opens boxes and inspects contents of shipments.
- Processes returns for any defective or incorrect items.
- Stores, restocks, and shelves delivery items as necessary.
- Keeps receiving area clean and organized.
- Ensures customer information is accurate and complete.
- Track the status of requisitions and orders and provide updates as needed.
- Answers customer inquiries about pending orders and shipments.
- Loads delivery van for outgoing morning and afternoon deliveries.
- Excellent attention to detail while working in inventory and ticketing systems.
- Ability to complete all work tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize workload.
- Ability to walk, bend and lift equipment up to 50 pounds and perform physical duties of packing and unpacking IT equipment.
- High level of flexibility and the ability to positively respond to changes in work requirements.
- Ability to operate and communicate effectively while under pressure is essential.
- Strong data entry and customer services skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Typically requires a minimum of 1 - 2 years of related experience.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.