Quality Lab Technician
US - OH - Toledo
- Quality Lab Technician in Toledo, OH
- 11 month contract
Essential Job Functions
- Duties may include (but are not limited to: Demonstrates and is responsible for all functions of a QC Laboratory Technician, including analytical techniques, data communication, and understanding of testing program for Quality Control at Toledo Flour Mill.
- Performs advanced chemical and analytical procedures relative to flour and wheat quality control for the client, according to documented and approved analytical procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply scientific method to analytical projects, as well as computerized and statistical data evaluation.
- Compiles written analytical reports, graphs and demonstrates excellent verbal communications, which facilitate technical information transfer.
- Assists in developing new analytical procedures, enhances and troubleshoots existing procedures, and compiles documentation for both, as needed by the client.
- Perform MSAs as required for testing procedures and when assessing new procedures for implementation.
- Assists in development and implementation of a laboratory quality assurance program, including instrumentation maintenance and calibration and all documentation required of a sound program, as recognized by organizations such as the AOAC.
- Performs testing equipment maintenance and assists in technician training at Toledo to assure proper testing results are achieved.
- Is available to serve as leader of analytical technical teams as assigned, working to achieve goals and objectives established by each team. Performance evaluation in this category will be based on team’s peer evaluation, and completion of established goals. Perform MSAs as required.
- Supports QC department in computer software implementation and use.
- Assists all QC lab employees in various PC software and hardware projects.
- Participates in laboratory and plant safety programs, following company policies regarding safety and environmental issues.
- Bachelors Degree (Science related field preferred)
- 2-3 years’ experience as a lab technician
- Knowledge of Quality Systems, Procedures, and Policies
- Experience in the use of statistical concepts in the control of manufacturing operations
- Ability to analyze data, proven record demonstrating ability to effectively problem solve
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
- Excellent Computer (MS Office) and Communication Skills (Oral and Written)
- Bachelor's degree in a science field
- Three or more years with previous laboratory with microbiology and chemistry experience required (can be entry level if possesses strong analytical skills)
- At least 1 year in a food production environment