Project Service Transition Analyst II
US - MA - Waltham
- Project Service Transition Analyst II in Waltham, MA
- 12 month contract
- Ensure new and changed Services have a fully developed end to end support structure, including Processes, SLAs, KPIs, resources, support models, DR, business continuity, knowledge transfer etc. commensurate with business requirements and priorities.
- Complete the Service Transition templates on behalf of projects for review and approval from Service owners/CSM following the Service Transition process/policy
- Seamless transition in to the live environment, working with both projects and service owners to ensure the ELS warranty period meets the criteria to exit
- Act as a single point of contact that ensures effective transition into production in compliance with the Service Transition Process for all new/changed services introduced via the IS Solution Delivery Framework.
- Programme/Project representation at the Service Transition Board (STB) providing inputs into the STB process.
- Engage all relevant I&O Stakeholders for each project and onboarding SMC ITIL processes
- Provide Service Transition deliverables, which are updated and maintained throughout the life of the project in preparation for handover to production.
- Ensure that appropriate resourcing, training, tooling, support and documentation is delivered to I&O and eco Partners with a formal project and service sign-off from all key stakeholders.
- Ensure that any BAU documentation has been updated to reflect any new/changed services
- Represent I&O at project meetings to define and implement service acceptance criteria for both new and changing services.
- Ensure that any new 3rd party contracts contain an agreed support schedule which aligns with the proposed support model and is backed up with SLAs managed through regular service reviews.
- Define and deliver the end to end support model with all key stakeholders across multiple delivery organization
- Active involvement in Early Life Support activities and governance.
- Continued service transition improvement, working in conjunction with I&O, Solution Delivery, and eco Partners.
- Continuous service improvements initiatives to be applied across the lifecycle
- Work closely with the test function within the project to ensure testing effectively demonstrates the operability of the service
- Working with Solution architect at the design stage and challenging the non-functional requirements and ensuring the project is fit for both utility and warranty purposes.
- Process and Procedure experience (development and implementation)
- Demonstrates how the service transition maximises business value and minimises RTB.
- Key Stakeholder Satisfaction (Service Transition, I&O and Programme Delivery)
- Strong Service Transition Management experience within various industries
- Experience of delivering/transitioning services into production and the after-care support.
- Strong Service Level and Service Design experience
- Experience of IT Service management in an ITIL framework
- Experience of managing multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills covering colleagues, partners / vendors and project sponsors.
- Relevant experience of end to end Project lifecycle
- Utilities experience highly beneficial.
- Qualifications could come from a variety of sources, e.g. a degree in computing, science or mathematics, ISEB, British Computing Society or certification from commercial organisations such as Microsoft, Oracle etc relevant to solution architecture
- Knowledge of new and emerging technologies and industry best practice for Service Delivery within multiple programmes of work
- Experience of ITIL Service Delivery and Service Management best practice with a minimum of ITIL Foundation certificate
- Holding a Prince 2 or PMI certification will also be beneficial.Excellent team player, ideally with experience of working in global teams with matrix reporting and deliverables.
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written English, allied to strong presentation and workshop facilitation skills including communicating technical solutions