Project Manager II
US - IL - Chicago
- Project Manager II in Chicago, IL
- 6 month contract
- Lead commercialization effort for large scale projects, platform innovation programs or significant capital related initiatives. Ensure effective team engagement which may include establishing and managing team meetings. Review project timelines and cost regularly with the project team, facilitate creation of mitigation/contingency plans and manage communication.
- Lead technical and supply chain readiness to support commercialization activity. The individuals will lead using tools that prepare the supply chain and manufacturing facilities for successful start- ups for both growth and cost out initiatives (including manufacturing asset optimization).
- Lead Value Stream network assessment and E2E loss analysis with business partners. Ensure appropriate capacity for new business initiatives and growth plans across product life cycle. Develop and recommend alternatives as needed. Provide updates to leadership, project sponsors and stakeholders as needed on key initiatives, including progress against deliverables, cost management, next steps and needs from sponsors to alleviate hurdles. Escalate concerns and issues, report project fact base, define options/trade-offs, and provide team recommendation.
- Lead internal feasibility assessment and business case to support business team’s commercialization plans; define network capability (capacity/technology) and capital associated with developing such capability. Identify impact across the supply chain with regard to cost of goods sold e.g. route to market, capacity utilization, DIOH, manufacturing efficiency, quality, safety. Lead AR development.
- Partner with External Manufacturing managers and EM procurement to deliver against commercialization activities outside of current client capabilities as well as drive cost out of the external manufacturing networks.
- Manage and deliver assigned financial targets, to include the delivery of capital projects, trial activity and start-up expenses while leading resource & funding prioritization. Drive development of COGS, ensure alignment between category team and operations. Engage and support productivity agenda to deliver cost reduction targets.
- Provide indirect leadership for the PCM organization and Plant BD’s.
- Support Business and Manufacturing Systems initiatives as required, and support the continuous improvement of the commercialization process through collaboration with key stakeholders and best practice sharing.
- Lead and/or participation in various stakeholder governance forums (i.e. Stage gate/Leadership teams)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Food Science, Chemistry, or other related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Project Management for Consumer Products
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in Basic Marketing/Finance Principles
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Engineering, Integrated Supply Chain or Research & Development (preferred)
- 3 years of leadership experience is required
- Strategic capabilities/business acumen
- Drive for results
- Building and strengthening relationships
- Managing through ambiguity
- Communication-Written and Presentation