Project Manager II
US - MA - Waltham
- Project Manager II in Waltham, MA
- 13 month contract
- Monitor and review work undertaken across several small to medium scale programs or a large complex program to ensure appropriate use of resources and adherence to schedules.
- Promote and implement procedural best practice to ensure all working practice (and where relevant, health and safety standards) are compliant with client policies and regulatory requirements.
- Lead, own and champion change within the delivery process of a given area, managing operational and organizational change for business excellence and growth, as well as inspiring and engaging others in new ways of working, innovation and performance to enhance value and commitment.
- Develop and foster a culture of innovation in the end-to-end process, challenging and advising the teams that support the process and the wider business to understand the impact of existing policies, processes and ways of working on our contractors and on our financial performance.
- Monitor monthly resource levels, resource predictions, performance and plan progress to enable analysis of key themes and trends. Report and communicate the KPIs and KPI trends for the project delivery process.
- Monitor and challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area.
- Identify process inefficiencies, opportunities and failures and work closely with the functional teams to develop solutions to drive efficiencies and maximize value through projects, initiatives and ongoing change management.
- Manage the overall portfolio of projects as well as personally manage the delivery of project deliverables during the year. Identify, manage and escalate as appropriate project risks and issues.
- Manage communication with stakeholders directly and indirectly impacted by changes to the contract delivery process.
- Work with business units, sponsors and champions to translate objectives into well-defined requirements with clearly defined business cases to support program aims and innovation within the client.
- Represent the client values when meeting with key internal and external stakeholders such as business, municipal, or regulatory agencies.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders to share best practice, drive consistency in resource planning and ensure timely delivery of projects.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree is required preferably in an analytical discipline with a minimum of 5 years experience including experience as a program manager or project manager. In lieu of degree, a minimum of 15 years of work experience of which 3 plus years is in a program or project management role.
- Excellent knowledge of the Operations Supervision environment.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience in program management principles, tools and techniques.
- Experience of managing the work of multi-functional or diverse teams, demonstrates taking specific actions to enable the team to function efficiently and effectively.
- Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Project management software knowledge a plus. (Microsoft Project or P6) and other relevant company IT systems.
- Knowledge of the client’s business operations, company policies and practices.
- Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation. Knowledge of current trends within the industry and developments in legislation or regulation.
Leadership Qualities Required
- Start and Finish with the Customer in Mind – 2
- Deliver Excellent Performance – 2
- Lead Through Ambiguity and Change – 2
- Coach and Challenge your Team – 2
- Think and Act Commercially – 2
- Contract Management – Foundation
- Commerciality – Skilled
- Project Management – Advanced
- Stakeholder Management – Advanced
- Customer Focus – Skilled
- Performance Excellence – Advanced
- Data Management – Foundation
- Asset Management - Foundation