Project Manager II
US - MA - Waltham
- Project Manager II in Waltham, MA
- 6 month contract
- Monitor and control allocated project resources, maintaining financial and progress forecasting in order to ensure projects are delivered according to schedule and within budget.
- Implement project tracking mechanisms to be able to provide timely and concise updates on project progress to senior management and key stakeholders highlighting areas of risk and capturing key decisions.
- Assist in identifying potential conflicts in use of resources and other project scheduling issues and propose solutions and corrective actions to overcome the obstacles.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders such as consultants, procurement, and the business teams in order to share best practice, identify potential new projects and liaise with other working areas during project progression.
- Oversee the operational workload of the project team ensuring allocated staff are fully utilized in order to deliver against agreed project schedule.
- Challenge existing project processes, technologies and systems to continuously seek ways to do things better in order to achieve department and business objectives and drive greater efficiencies for the business.
- Lead, motivate and develop assigned project resources, prioritize work and allocate resources in order to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and customer/business objectives.
- Develop and maintain project documentation, including the necessary approvals and permits where relevant, so that an accurate record exists for review and regulatory purposes.
- Lead the project and program initiation process by supporting the creation of the program charter and objectives, developing assumptions, identifying all risks, calculating resource requirements and managing all interdependencies with other programs within the client so that any overlaps are eliminated and all transitions are as seamless as possible.
- Ensure all projects and programs continue to be appropriately assessed, designed, planned, resourced and scheduled in a timely and cost effective manner in order to ensure best value for the client.
- Build positive relationships with managers, business units and other functions to identify projects and develop those into well defined business cases in order to realize significant cost savings, foster innovation within the client and avoid operational disruption.
- Challenge the existing project management framework to continuously seek ways to do things better, promoting a ‘best practices’ approach to project management in order to achieve the client objectives and drive greater efficiencies for the business.
- Negotiate and approve any changes to the project criteria and objectives after consultation with stakeholders to improve project outcomes while addressing any operational concerns.
- Promote the philosophy of corporate safe, environmentalism and efficient team working and development across project teams in order to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
- Work with key stakeholders and employee champions to develop and maintain a change management approach and plan, implementing and driving the philosophy, objectives and communications for a successful long term roll out on an operational basis.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing projects. Project and/or financial reporting experience preferred but not required.*
- PMP certification