Production Team Lead III
US - OR - Portland
- Production Team Lead III in Portland, OR
- 12 month contract
- Direct activities of hourly associates in assigned areas to ensure department production goals are met
- Ensure line operations meet established standards, specifications, efficiency and quality requirements to affect favorable production results
- Communicate and collaborate with other production front line leaders and cross-functional teams on a regular basis concerning production goals and all operation activity
- Foster team building & collaboration across functional areas at all levels
- Responsible for coaching, counseling and training hourly associates to foster a high performance work team
- Maintain employee relations activities including safety, labor relations and grievance response and/or avoidance
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, safety guidelines and state and federal regulations
- Partner with the master labor planner to understand and optimize staffing needs
- Seeks and understand financials about the business and the various trade-offs to control costs end-to-end
- Fosters a high performance work systems by learning and teaching Lean concepts, TPM, Six Sigma and/or Integrated Lean and 6S
- Manages SAP/LIS on a daily basis for packing employees to ensure each record is accurate for payroll to effectively run.
- Strong in labor relations and fluently understands contract labor rules to work well with shop stewards and union leadership.
- Responsible for hiring and training hour associates
- Challenges the status quo
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering and Food Science preferred. Military and Logistics experience is welcome.
- SAP experience and user knowledge
- At least 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment. Union labor management is a plus
- Experience in Lean, 6S, TPM and/or E2E IL6S a huge plus