Network Security Analyst level III
US - TX - The Woodlands
One of our Biggest Client in an Oil and Gas and Energy in TX is in need of a Network Security Analyst.
- The Network Security Analyst will provide highly available network based security services to match business needs. In-depth operational experience providing authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) services and automated mac authentication bypass functionality are the key components for this role.
- The candidate will utilize strong communication skills as well as enterprise level understanding of network and security technologies to deliver solutions that are both technically sound and supportable.Responsibilities- Provide Level 2 support consistent with Network data and voice support models
- Provide network based authentication, authorization, and accounting services - Implement and support an 802.1x capable network infrastructure- Understanding of PKI / certificate based authentication- Allow Mac Authentication Bypass (MAB) functionality through the use of the Great Bay Beacon appliance- Generation of custom rule sets for accurate profiling and network placement of client systems- Enterprise level experience designing, implementing, and operating the Cisco ACS 5.x platform
- Experience with Cisco Firewall, VPN, and IPS/ IDS systems- Recommendations of system changes in support of operational needs and system efficiencies- Generation of technology documentation and diagramming with tools such as MS Word and Visio
- Ensure network access control systems meet compliance and auditing requirements - Plan network changes - Resolve network problems
- Participate in review meetings as required to support network implementation activities - Provide recovery and restoration of the network in event of a disaster or major incident Security and Controls
- Comply and contribute to completing Security and Controls process regarding Network data and voice technologies
Qualification/Skills Required: ·
- University degree with emphasis in Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Network or a closely related field with course work in technology-related subjects
- Data/Voice certification e.g. CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, Cisco Voice · General network (data and voice) knowledge · General network knowledge (Cisco/Juniper):
- LAN and WAN network equipment and environments, Network data (Cisco/Juniper routing, switching, WAN/LAN protocols), analysis, routing, and switching o OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Network management and protocol analysis o VSAT, Wide Area VLAN, MAN, MPLS/IPVPN technology , QoS features, Wireless LAN technology o Voice knowledge; IPT, VoIP technology, Cisco VoIP, Legacy PBX, Cisco, MS Lync ·
- Good written and oral communication skills; ability to discuss technical issues with all levels of personnel globally · Strong, self-initiative and self-motivated
- Flexibility in schedule for working with a global team · Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a diversified skill set · Strong work ethic, interpersonal and team-building orientations
- Adaptability to time pressures & changing priorities · Good customer service skills · Process oriented · Excellent communication and presentation skills Technologies:TACACS / Radius, AAA, Firewalls, VPN, Intrusion Prevention Systems, MAC Authentication Bypass, PKI, Dynamic routing, L2 / L3 SwitchingEquipment:Cisco Access Control Server 5.x, Great Bay Beacon, Cisco ASA Firewall, Cisco IPS Module, NNM, BMC suits, Loglogic, Netscout, RSA EnVision / Splunk Syslog servers, Orion monitoring tools
Must-Have Professional Skill Requirements:
- Working experience with upgrading OS for Cisco FMC, Cisco ASA and Sourcefire.
Must-Have Soft Skill Requirements:
- Good English communication skill, both verbal and written.
- Strong troubleshooting/analytical/structural process skills.
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimum daily direct supervision