Loan Operations Specialist
US - NJ - Newark
- Loan Operations Specialist in Newark, NJ
- 24 month contract
- Must be analytical, strong with excel and have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solar experience is a bonus - not required
- Must be very comfortable with large/complex sets of data (comfortable with Vlookups, etc.)
- Looking for an individual who is extremely detail oriented
- Gather monthly generation data from the Company’s inverter meters databases, validate its integrity/accuracy and ensure accurate upload to the PJM GATS system.
- Transfer SREC’s into the Company’s inventory and ensure appropriate valuation for loan payment purposes.
- Support servicing of loans, including the timely and accurate preparation of all periodic loan statements and collecting and applying cash payments due.
- Assess borrower system performance at the individual system level and portfolio level.
- Coordinate and track loan assignments.
- Interact with borrowers with regards to statements, system performance, loan status, collections, and general inquiries with a goal of providing excellent customer service.
- Review incoming loan applications for program eligibility, technical eligibility, and document deficiencies as required.
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required.
- Maintain compliance with policies and procedures and business and SOX controls.
- Maintain and apply working knowledge of client's Standards for Business Controls and meet management's expectations for effective internal business controls.
- Bachelor Degree required. Preferred if the concentration is Economics or Finance
- 5 years experience in analytical role.
- Strong technical proficiency, computational and quantitative skills.
- Understanding of solar energy systems, various photovoltaic technologies, project financing and the NJ marketplace for solar generation.
- Understanding of the financial principals associated with long term interest bearing loans including amortization schedules and payoff calculations.
- Ability to accurately analyze information, make recommendations and guide others decisions by identifying potential benefits, consequences and impacts of alternatives.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Access and Excel with an ability to independently build and manage tools to analyze complex data sets.
- Highly skilled with other MS Office products including PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain complicated financial and technical points clearly to all levels, including clients, colleagues and management.
- Proven ability to pay close attention to detail, manage numerous issues for follow-up and resolution, and work collaboratively within a team
- Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
- Minimum 1 year experience working with SREC’s in the New Jersey market including use of PJM GATS and the SREC creation process.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with PVWatts or other software used for estimating system output.
- Experience with SAP.