Lead Auditor (Safety, Health & Environment)
US - MA - Waltham
About the Position:
- As a Lead Auditor you will provide specialist auditing expertise – with emphasis on assurance of risks involving Safety, Health & Environment aspects and potential impact of client business and regulatory compliance issues.
- You will conduct independent audits of risk control systems in relation to Safety, Health & Environment aspects and impacts to identify risks that may impact the business.
- Provide recommendations that drive effective and efficient controls and processes leveraging best practices with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Be part of a high performance SHE Audit Team that delivers an effective and proactive audit service.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
Assist and support the US SHE Director in the delivery of the SHE audit plan through:
- Planning, scheduling, undertaking, and delivering audits of key, processes and activities.
- Conduct audit planning meetings with key stakeholders to understand business process /function and communicate audit objective(s), timescales and outputs.
- Undertaking audits in other disciplines (Health and Safety, and Process Safety), as required.
- Coordinating the SHE audit program with other audit and assurance work to ensure, the program is integrated into the overall business requirements.
- Providing assurance and developing recommendations on maximizing Safety, Health & Environment performance and strengthening Safety, Health & Environment controls for the company.
- Providing information for periodic audit performance reporting to management.
- Delivering assignments to time, cost and quality targets.
Act as technical lead on Safety, Health & Environment aspects and associated risk control through:
- Leading on audits involving Safety, Health & Environment aspects providing independent assurance on effective management of key risks and to direct the business to areas that can be improved.
- Provide specialist support and mentor (less experienced) auditors in the team or those with less experience in specialist areas of the job holder.
- Keep up to date professionally with legislative and industry developments to assess the optimization of good practice for the cllient
Ensure that audit reports are robust through:
- Preparing and developing audit protocols and terms of reference for each audit conducted.
- Performing assigned audits, to assess complex SHE environments and develop effective and value added recommendations.
- Identifying and reporting the main issues, conclusions, and recommendations to business management, drawing on the experience of the SHE Audit Director as appropriate.
- Discussing and communicating findings, conclusions and recommendations with senior management with consideration of the global perspective.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with the business to develop the ongoing audit strategy to ensure alignment to client’s strategic and SHE objectives and business requirements.
- Tracking closure of findings included in audit reports.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree in Science or other discipline;
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Possesses audit qualifications / certifications
- Good understanding of internal risk and control frameworks and auditing techniques in relation to Safety, Health & Environment management.
- Driver’s license required with a safe driving history.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office products