IT Technician I
US - VA - Richmond
Under direction, provide hands on support and customer service to end-users on hardware and software applications. Diagnose and troubleshoot issues in order that end-users maintain productivity on company supported hardware and software applications. Document issues and resolutions for tracking and training purposes; may escalate more complex problems to second-level support. Will provide end user computer or software training when necessary. Continue to progress in technology and support knowledge.
•Manages relationships with end users to ensure satisfaction.
•Responds to requests for technical assistance for hardware and software issues.
•Responsible for tracking issues to resolution using the internal tracking software.
•Responds to service requests, including password resets or system access requests. Keep management informed of recurring problems
•Keep inventory of parts using SharePoint. Store and recycle old equipment
•Image or configure PC’s, perform PC imaging or reloading as needed
•Evaluate existing systems assuring that the Virus and security updates are current, check the overall health of the system.
•Support the client’s IT security policies, processes and procedures to comply with mandates including Sarbanes Oxley.
•Maintain proficient technical knowledge in various systems, hardware, software, and database applications.
•Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
• Basic knowledge of helpdesk responsibilities and processes typically acquired after at least a year in a helpdesk or IT support environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Microsoft Certified Professional and/or Associates Degree in IT or a related field
• Requires strong knowledge of:
o PC Hardware
o Remote Access concepts
o All Windows Operating Systems with an emphasis on Windows 10
o Microsoft Office (all products)
o windows networking
o PC imaging
• Some knowledge is expected of:
o Anti-virus and dat files.
o Database and application support
• Demonstrates a customer service orientation to work and in work assignments.
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to tolerate a stressful environment as well as multitask; Able to work through multiple interruptions and still maintain focus on the task at hand.
• Adaptive, flexible and self-motivated.
• Able to make good decisions and make adjustments to procedures as needed.