IT Specialist I
US - IA - Davenport
Who we are
Stefanini is a full service global provider of offshore, onshore and nearshore IT services, including application development and outsourcing services, IT infrastructure outsourcing (help desk support and desktop services), systems integration, consulting and strategic staffing to Fortune 1000 enterprises around the world. We have over 25,000 employees across 77 offices in 40 countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia.
What will you do?
As an IT Specialist, you will have responsibilities as a Help Desk Technician and Deskside Technician. The IT Specialist will be the first point of contact for all IT service desk incidents and requests in a fast-paced professional environment requiring the highest level of customer service. In this new position, you will field customer calls, troubleshoot, document and resolve IT related issues. You will work in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring attendance, quality and customer service metrics are met. This position is intended to be responsible for a higher level of support and will also aid in a decrease in the amount of walk-ups for onsite Deskside Technicians.
Primary responsibilities including but are not limited to:
Primary responsibilities including but are not limited to:
- Answer incoming calls, process all email requests received, process live chat requests and log all customer questions and issues accurately and efficiently into ticketing system (ServiceNow)
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network related issues
- Provide restorative or maintenance actions to resolve end-user issues
- Assist with documenting/rating knowledge base articles
- Assist with special project work as needed
- Escalate problems to the next level of support when necessary
- Consistently meet or exceed advanced individual IT SD and customer service metrics required
- Ability to work a 24 x 7 schedule required
What do you need to succeed?
- Preferred Min. 5 years of general IT support experience troubleshooting software, hardware, mobile/smartphone, networking related issues
- Preferred 5 years of IT support experience on MS Windows & MS Office 2007 / Office 2013
- Preferred 3 years of IT support experience on Windows Active Directory
- Proven Senior level Customer Service experience in the IT field, handling challenging and unique situations
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, i.e., active listening, ability to cogently summarize an issue, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to read and write English ticket reference information on Incident Platform
- Solid documentation skills
- Ability to complete special projects/assignments with minimal supervision
- Team and customer-oriented attitude
- Shift flexibility performing services for a 24 x 7 Global customer
- Outstanding attendance and schedule adherence
- Service Now experience is an advantage
- Passion, ambition and drive to work in an extremely demanding customer service environment
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding communication skills and a distinct passion for service
IT knowledge or a completed apprenticeship
- Outstanding customer orientation, i.e. ability to build rapport and trust quickly and to influence an audience through communication to arrive at the best solution
- Excellent problem-solving skills, i.e., ability to apply a highly logical and well-organized approach to the analysis and resolution of issues
- Profound skills to support: MS Windows7/Windows 10, MS Office 2007/2013, Internet browsers, Mobiles (Iphones, Androids) Cisco VPN, Network Printing, wireless routers, Active Directory, MS Exchange, Collaboration tools (Sharepoint, Webex, Egnyte)
- Good judgment skills with a strong sense for urgency and attention to detail
Performance objectives for this position (we will benchmark all candidates against these standards)
- Satisfy users. Understands the impact of service quality on customer satisfaction. Receives positive feedback from the client’s community regarding the clarity of their communications, patience, and problem-solving abilities.
- Creatively handles complex client issues. Demonstrates sound judgment, uses resources wisely, and knows when to escalate. When an issue cannot be resolved immediately, specialists apply their creativity to identify alternatives and workarounds to enable our users to continue working until a more permanent solution is found. Specialists understand that their most important priority is to get their colleague up and running quickly. They have a strong sense of customer orientation and an understanding of the business needs of the Firm’s end-users.
- Actively engages in self learning and self-improvement. Asks for guidance on how to improve and use new knowledge regularly. Examines situations that occurred with the intent to improve for future operations. Open to suggestions for improvement (self-motivation, curiosity, communication)
- Demonstrates general helpfulness to colleagues. All specialists demonstrate the willingness to help their colleagues by sharing knowledge, being punctual and available when the desk is busy, and showing overall care for team members.
- As an IT Specialist, you will have responsibilities as a Help Desk Technician and Deskside Technician. The IT Specialist will be the first point of contact for all IT service desk incidents and requests in a fast-paced professional environment requiring the highest level of customer service. In this new position, you will field customer calls, troubleshoot, document and resolve IT related issues. You will work in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring attendance, quality and customer service metrics are met. This position is intended to be responsible for a higher level of support and will also aid in a decrease in the amount of walk-ups for onsite Deskside Technicians.
What you’ll get
- Work with brilliant minds, often within a global capacity;
- Comprehensive Benefits package that includes 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and much more;
- Opportunity to participate in professional development eLearning programs within the Stefanini University, and other virtual trainings as well.
Why we’re different
- Brazilian and privately owned company;
- Agility, flexibility, and innovation are in our DNA;
- Flat organizational structure which enables faster communication and decision making;
Take a look for yourself
Here's one of our own, talking about the culture, space and growth opportunities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8O37KNINdY
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.