Inside Plant Civil Construction Specialist
US - NJ - S. Plainfield
- Inside Plant Civil Construction Specialist in S. Plainfield, NJ
- 24 month contract
- Perform civil construction supervisory responsibilities for the Inside Plant Construction Group in the Delivery Projects and Construction (DP&C) Organization.
- Support the activities of major new, replacement and upgraded electric inside plant facilities.
- Manage and coordinate the work of multiple contractors and trades with responsibility for contract administration and compliance in accordance with Corporate Policy.
- Resolve contractor conflicts, schedule issues and labor disputes.
- Drive/promote Safety throughout the job site and ensure environmental compliance.
- Interface with governmental agencies for regulatory compliance with permitting and licensing requirements.
- Direct the layout, excavation, assembly/installation of major electrical equipment foundations, structures and conduit / cable.
- Coordinate the testing of spoils with Resource Recovery and schedule activities to minimize disruption to facilities.
- Provide daily job site inspection of work to ensure completion in accordance with established designs, specifications and Client/industry standards.
- Complete construction reports, Contractor billing, in-service reports, Contractor/vendor evaluations and project close-out reports.
- Perform on-call duties and provide emergency response and restoration of major inside plant failures.
- Direct contract employees as required. Supervise the efforts of Bargaining Unit Associates and Contractors (trade union personnel).
- Must complete necessary training and qualify to hold an assignment in the Client's Tagging System.
- It is desired to have the ACI Certifications.
- Knowledge and experience in electric distribution design/engineering, operations, maintenance or construction.
- Must have strong communications skills.
- High school graduate
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- ACI Concrete Inspector
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Construction Management or Business)