US - NJ - Suffolk
- HR Generalist in Suffolk, VA
- 3 month contract
- This role provides Support HR team and client on human resource processes, including the following: workforce planning, annual reviews (performance/succession planning), compensation administration, organizational change/effectiveness, implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean/ Global Production System (HGPS)), including change initiatives, planning, and facilitation; staffing and pipeline development
- Maintain all employee and applicant documentation as required by client policy and governing agencies.
- Supports the HR team in working with corporate compliance and law department to ensure regulatory compliance in all aspects of HR including assisting in ensuring that the affirmative action program/EEO program is kept current and all compliance record keeping is up to date and accurate.
- Assist in developing and administering appropriate training opportunities that assist employees to further their personal, career, and organizational development. Including conducting orientation for all newly hired employees. Maintain records as needed.
- Assist in managing employee relations by investigating, resolving, and communicating in regards to employee questions, issues, or concerns. Determine and take appropriate action to resolve issues in a timely, appropriate, and confidential manner
- Coordinate and activate employee engagement and communication plans and activities
- Assist in championing employee wellness initiatives and drive through activities, education and awareness.
- Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Supports efforts to provide a proactive approach to maintaining current union free status or Supports efforts to provide a proactive approach to maintaining constructive relationships with the union including assisting with contractual issues (grievances, arbitrations etc) and negotiations process
- May assist with administration of employee benefits
- May maintain, update, or audit hourly employee work schedules
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required
- Minimum of one year experience in a Human Resources related profession.
- Possess updated knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- Must have exp with short term disability, and HR employee conflict and resolution.
- Must have experience with FMLA
- Must be able to ensure regulatory compliance