US - MA - Waltham
- Environmental Analyst in Waltham, MA
- 5 month contract
- Manage DG projects with customers, external vendors, contractors and consultants to ensure timely delivery of utility services and completion of the project.
- Conduct engineering screenings/feasibility reviews, maintain the client’s customer application portal and work management system. Update procedures to support the design solutions that enhance Distributed Generation programs.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to facilitate communications, integrate work and ensure the successful delivery of company’s products and programs.
- Challenge existing policies and procedures to continuously seek ways to enhance customer service and cost-effectiveness.
- Provide technical guidance, support and coaching to others, both internally and externally) in order to share knowledge and increase understanding of Distributed Generation programs and services.
- Analyze and evaluate developments in Distributed Generation and Renewable Energy technologies in order to identify impact of different scenarios on the business and strategies for integrating cost efficiencies.
- Ensure projects are following appropriate accounting procedures.
- Negotiate, develop and administer all aspects of interconnection related agreements.
- Represent the client as needed in various industry associations or external outreach sessions.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Familiarity with power system components, engineering concepts, project management and interconnections.
- Experience with renewable energies and utility industry a major plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Knowledge or willing to understand various regulatory policies and interconnection related standards.
- Able to read schematics, one-lines and recommend/oversee changes to documentation.
- Working knowledge of Geographic Information System (GIS) or ability to be trained.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software products.
- Experience with utility electric and gas construction a plus.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to represent the company in meeting and seminars, present material as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical / electrical / chemical engineering, or other related field with minimum 3+ years of work experience (for entry level position). Master’s degree, PE, DGCP and/or PM certification preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to develop proficiency with NY, MA, RI and NH tariffs, especially as they relate to Distributed Generation
- Demonstrated superior customer service and analytical skills
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret information and analyze relationships among several parts of a problem or situation in order to clearly articulate the findings and anticipates obstacles and thinks ahead about next steps.
- Understands and identifies training or developmental needs of others and has the ability to design and establish new programs of work to support them.
- Support and be part of a team environment.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills including human resource management, negotiations and communications. Let’s people affected by a decision know what’s happening and is able to clearly articulate reasons for a decision.
- Understands theory behind policies and processes and demonstrates the ability to challenge existing processes and ways of working e.g. taking action to avoid future crisis or create opportunities to improve existing practices.
- Excellent organizational, data management and computer skills
- Prior work experience in reviewing and discussing CHP/DG feasibility reviews, system impact studies and working successfully with consulting engineers and contractors preferred.
- Understands the importance of procedures and standards of working and demonstrates the ability to give directions or demonstrations with clear reasons and rationales.
- Be a coordinator for technical DG items that may arise with the client customer base.
- Good knowledge of DG system design practices and installation standards.