Electro-Mechanical Technician I
US - TX - Garland
- Electro-Mechanical Technician I in Garland, TX
- 3 month contract
Essential Duties and Responsible including the following: (and Other duties may be assigned)
- Minimum of two year experience in repair and maintenance of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic equipment i.e.: control panels, PLC's, lift systems, conveyor shaft, motor and bearing replacement, etc.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary
- Prior experience with Allen Bradley Control Logix Processors and RSLogix 5000. Understanding of control system design and network communication interfaces is desired.
- Work directly with production associates and management to problem-solve and correct production issues that will ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble.
- Technical knowledge in DCS/PLC control systems, high voltage equipment, PLC applications, line drives, process instrumentation, data acquisition, etc.
- Actively assist with planning/scheduling and storeroom staff for CMMS tracking: work orders, parts, purchase requisitions
- Fabricate, disassemble and assemble production equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Investigates electrical and instrument equipment failures and develops action plans to eliminate repetitive failures.
- Ability to work multiple tasks under pressure while maintaining professional demeanor with customers and co-workers
- Using the SAP Work Order system -Initiates purchase order for parts and machines and creates and documents hours worked on applicable work orders.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment and troubleshoot/repair processing, filling and packaging production equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints and equipment manuals.
- This person has the responsibility to operate under the client Safety Values.
- Adhere to all safety and environmental policies, procedures and compliance programs.
- Work toward achieving an injury free environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.