Electrical Substation Planner
US - MA - Waltham
- Planner/Scheduler III in Waltham, MA
- 12 month contract
- Develop a detailed construction plan that involves planned outages, construction phases, construction steps, material, and equipment requirements, lay down areas, and overall time schedule with final ready for load dates that align with the project plan.
- Translate business objectives into clearly defined work plans in order to support achievement of PM & CC goals
- Develop high level work plans and champion innovation through collaboration with other areas in order to test their feasibility and constructability.
- In partnership with project managers, materials management, control centers, project estimators, and resource planners, monitor and control allocated human and material resources, maintaining financial and progress forecasting in order to ensure projects are delivered according to schedule and within budget. Ensure resource availability.
- Translate functional policy into processes and procedures that drive greater efficiencies for the client and ensure compliance with Safety, Health, and Environmental regulatory standards/ legislation/governance. Understand collective bargaining agreements that could impact work plan delivery.
- Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area.
- Develop work plans that are aligned with safety standards, policies and processes in order to ensure that the execution of the work plans will promote a safe working environment and minimize risk for all staff. Collaborate with other groups to ensure system reliability, safety, and efficiency is demonstrated during large scale projects.
- Review health and safety plans for each specific project, inclusive of Project Hazard Assessment (PHA) for high hazard work practices.
- Partner with legal and real estate groups for any challenges that are presented in project execution along rights of ways and company owned property where new or existing facilities could be developed.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 to 8 years equivalent experience in the electricity construction management environment with 3 to 5 years in the utility management.
- Experience in coordination of projects and a construction workforce with focus on construction methods, cost control, safety, environmental, quality and service, and performance. Demonstrated knowledge and application of Safety and Environmental rules.
- Analytical Thinking: Sees relationships between work plans, safety issues, constructability, and spend vs. efficiency reports identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation.
- Conceptual Thinking: Sees patterns or trends in construction reporting and actual outcomes, notices when something is similar to a past situation.
- Information Seeking: Establishes the facts and drives continuous improvement of the work planning function by digging deeper, asking probing questions and challenging initial responses from different sources.
- Impact and Influence: Uses direct persuasion to influence others involved in the construction process, using basic data, logic or examples of prior outcomes to support the approach outlined in the work plans themselves.