Electrical Engineer I
US - MA - Waltham
- Primarily Responsible for the completion of Distributed Generation (DG) Pre-Applications on Standard and Expedited projects.
- Would cross-train on DG Application reviews and screenings to support current Customer Energy Integration staff.
- Available to assist DG job owners on project specific tasks and customer management.
- 1-3 years of experience
- Familiar with electrical system
- Helping the DG site developers fill out the screening applications
- Candidate must have the ability to read/ understand one lines
- Ability to talk to the technology side of electrical engineering
- Familiar with GIS
- Excel experience
- Worker will support some of the PMs
- Some travel to the other national grid sites
- There's a 10 business day turn around for the applications
- Minimum Associates degree in Electrical Engineering required; Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
Experience/Special Skills Required:
- Minimum of one (1) year of power systems experience.
- Basic knowledge of applicable ANSI standards is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and GIS is a plus.
- This position requires the ability to clearly communicate with Customer personnel in order to successfully collaborate, coordinate, and resolve project related activities and issues.
- Problems involve recognizing situations and applying appropriate concepts to solve problems that are usually short-term in nature. Basic conversation skills and normal tact and courtesy are required.
- Travel is required.