US - FL - Tampa
- DevOps Engineer in Tampa, FL
- DevOps works closely with development teams to plan, deploy, and support multiple applications across our working environments.
- Daily, the team utilizes best practices to assure smooth application integration across the Innovation team’s entire architecture, as well as research, design, and prototype new solutions to facilitate application growth.
- Works with various data stores to include SQL, NO-SQL and distributed filesystem storage;
- Experiments with Big Data tools and open source technologies as well as research 3rd party technologies;
- Participates in release planning;
- Maintains and assures uptime of containerized applications in hosted environments;
- Monitors service trends to identify opportunities for improvements with existing frameworks, tools, and processes; and,
- Audits and improves system metrics and alarms.
- 3 years of Linux system administration or dev ops experience.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics Mathematics, Regulatory Compliance, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and/or other business field of study.
- Linux/Unix environment/System administration;
- Configuration Management;
- Multiple scripting languages on Linux Platform (bash, awk, sed, python);
- Cloud-hosted systems;
- Hardware capabilities;
- Transport security, ssh and certificates;
- Docker Containers for application deployment;
- Relational databases;
- NoSQL data stores; and,
- Distributed/clustered or grid computing systems.
- Administering Linux OS to include network and software application configuration;
- Configuring continuous integration within a development environment using tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Git and Nexus;
- Automating repetitive development, operations and deployment tasks;
- Documenting systems and networks, refining requirements, self-identify solutions and communicate to the team;
- Managing databases, including database design, creation, manipulation and query; and,
- Utilizing enterprise tools (such as BPM or ESB tools) for orchestration of services and workflows, as well as messaging queues (e.g. RabbitMQ).