Deskside Technician I
US - PA - Denver
Who we are
Stefanini is a full service global provider of offshore, onshore and nearshore IT services, including application development and outsourcing services, IT infrastructure outsourcing (help desk support and desktop services), systems integration, consulting and strategic staffing to Fortune 1000 enterprises around the world. We have over 25,000 employees across 77 offices in 40 countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia.
What will you do?
The Deskside Technician will be providing deskside support to end users and will interface with a service desk and a customer IT support team to achieve deliverables supporting the end users. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated and organized individual. A strong emphasis is placed on providing a timely resolution to support requests and providing a high level of quality customer service. Ideal candidates should be very self-motivated due to the independent nature and responsibility of the environment.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing installation and upgrading services of hardware and software
• Implementation of virus detection and eradication procedures
• Diagnosing end user system failures and implementing repair solutions
• Diagnosing printer and other peripheral device failures and implementing repair solutions
• Troubleshooting network devices in order to ensure connectivity from the PC to the network
• Configuration and troubleshooting of mobile devices, PDA’s and Tablets
• Setup and troubleshoot audio/video equipment such as projectors and video conference equipment
• May need to be available for On-Call Rotation
• May need to be available to provide support at other client locations as needed
Qualified candidates must have experience in the following:
• Two+ years of deskside experience including the ability to troubleshoot/repair printers, desktops and laptops
• Must have experience and/or training in LAN, WAN and wireless network support
• Demonstrated troubleshooting capabilities
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solid documentation skills
• Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision
• Ability to search internally/externally for support information
• Team and customer oriented
• Attendance and schedule adherence is a requirement of this position
What do you need to succeed?
- Must be safety conscious at all times
- Experience supporting Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Smart Phones, AV Conferencing Systems, Printers and PC hardware
- Able to uphold a positive attitude at all times, even under stressful conditions
- Experience supporting remote facilities and users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of professionalism and strong personal interaction skills
- Ability to perform in-depth research and troubleshooting for complex technical issues
- Ability to prioritize and complete all work tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to walk, bend, stand for long hours, and lift equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- High School Diploma (required)
- Deskside / Desktop / End User Computer experience, ideally in a corporate environment
- Proven ability to handle challenging, rapid-response user support
- Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
What you’ll get:
- Work with brilliant minds, often within a global capacity;
- Comprehensive Benefits package that includes 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and much more;
- Opportunity to participate in professional development eLearning programs within the Stefanini University, and other virtual trainings as well.
Why we’re different:
- Brazilian and privately owned company;
- Agility, flexibility, and innovation are in our DNA;
- Flat organizational structure which enables faster communication and decision making!
Take a look for yourself!
Here's one of our own, talking about the culture, space and growth opportunities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8O37KNINdY