Deskside Technician I
US - IL - Burr Ridge
Who we are
Stefanini is a full service global provider of offshore, onshore and nearshore IT services, including application development and outsourcing services, IT infrastructure outsourcing (help desk support and desktop services), systems integration, consulting and strategic staffing to Fortune 1000 enterprises around the world. We have over 25,000 employees across 77 offices in 40 countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia.
What will you do?
This position is a desk side position that will require an individual to solve customer support issues by visiting the customers location and may involve supporting multiple facilities. The team consists of Technicians that visit customer's machines to solve support related problems or resolve issues remotely. This team interfaces with the Service Desk and other customer support teams to achieve the deliverables supporting the CNH contract. The desk side technician will also do remote support for field users throughout the US and Canada. Candidates will be required to know the desk side environment and tools. Candidates will be located at a Client’s Site Facilities.
- Respond to computer related service and trouble calls
- HP PC (Desktops/Laptops) – Hardware and Software Troubleshooting
- Ability to resolve Windows XP/Vista/Windows7/Windows 10 Operating System Errors
- Basic Network troubleshooting skills and knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013 Applications
- Understanding of McAfee Virus Scan software
- Client’s Site Infrastructure Experience (preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Group Policy Objects experience
- Experience with Asset Tracking Software
- Experience with user ID creation
- Some travel may be required
- Team Leader
- Deskside Support Team Coordinators
- Deskside Support Team Members
- Service Desk Support Staff
What do you need to succeed?
- Candidates need to be flexible, efficient and able to work independently
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Strong sense of customer service
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to multitask
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
What you’ll get
- Work with brilliant minds, often within a global capacity;
- Comprehensive Benefits package that includes 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and much more;
- Opportunity to participate in professional development eLearning programs within the Stefanini University, and other virtual training as well.
Why we’re different
- Brazilian and privately owned company;
- Agility, flexibility, and innovation are in our DNA;
- Flat organizational structure which enables faster communication and decision making;
Take a look for yourself
Here's one of our own, talking about the culture, space and growth opportunities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8O37KNINdY