Deskside Technician I
US - MI - Southfield
Who we are
Stefanini is a full service global provider of offshore, onshore and nearshore IT services, including application development and outsourcing services, IT infrastructure outsourcing (help desk support and desktop services), systems integration, consulting and strategic staffing to Fortune 1000 enterprises around the world. We have over 25,000 employees across 77 offices in 40 countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia.
What will you do?
We are looking for someone who has a proven ability to follow written procedures and can communicate well with customers, peers and managers. Candidates should be a proven self-starter, detailed oriented, have excellent customer service and technical troubleshooting skills.
The position will require an individual to solve customer support issues by visiting the end-user's location. Experience in all areas of Apple Devices is critical. The technician will be physically located at the customer's facility providing support in an office environment that will consist of standard PC hardware and software troubleshooting, as well as providing Apple support. Desk side support will include remote sites that in some cases may require travel.
What do you need to succeed?
• 2+ years of experience providing desk side support.
• Proficient troubleshooting skills that includes hardware, software, and other break/fix issues which might include printing, networking, file shares, etc.
• Printer support can include barcode printers, various types of scanners
• Ability to resolve Windows 7 and OS X Operating System Issues and Errors
• Basic Network troubleshooting skills and knowledge (mainly Cisco)
• Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Applications (2010 and higher)
• Customer infrastructure support (wiring and connectivity)
• Maintain and abide with compliance activities (these activities are driven from a central compliance group).
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
• Strong sense of customer service
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Ability to sift through technical issues and know what to do next and/or when to escalate for help
• Technical degree or equivalent experience
• Ability to multi-task
• Team-oriented / team player / ability to share ideas as well as listen to ideas
• Some experience with support and administration of telephones (PBX system and/or VoIP system).
• Ability to walk and bend and perform labor-related duties of connecting computer equipment
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. when moving electronic equipment
What you’ll get
- Work with brilliant minds, often within a global capacity;
- Comprehensive Benefits package that includes 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and much more;
- Opportunity to participate in professional development eLearning programs within the Stefanini University, and other virtual training as well.
Why we’re different
- Brazilian and privately owned company;
- Agility, flexibility, and innovation are in our DNA;
- Flat organizational structure which enables faster communication and decision making;
- Open floor plan environment where collaboration is highly encouraged!
Take a look for yourself
Here's one of our own, talking about the culture, space and growth opportunities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8O37KNINdY
This position is based out of our North America / APAC Corporate office at 27100 W 11 Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48034.