Deskside Technician I
US - IL - Itasca
Who we are:
Stefanini is a full service global provider of offshore, onshore and nearshore IT services, including application development and outsourcing services, IT infrastructure outsourcing (help desk support and desktop services), systems integration, consulting and strategic staffing to Fortune 1000 enterprises around the world. We have over 25,000 employees across 77 offices in 40 countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia.
What will you do?
The Deskside Technician will be providing deskside support to end users and will interface with a service desk and a customer IT support team to achieve deliverables supporting the end users. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated and organized individual. A strong emphasis is placed on providing a timely resolution to support requests and providing a high level of quality customer service. Ideal candidates should be very self-motivated due to the independent nature and responsibility of the environment.
- Desktop/laptop tech support
- Windows 7/10 operating systems, Mac OS X,
- Support phones, printers, wireless, VPN, etc.
- Schedule and perform software/hardware upgrades, new installations, work space moves, etc. in conjunction with Office Services.
- Prioritize and respond to service desk requests in accordance with company procedure
- Maintain repairs, spare parts, and components.
- Research and troubleshoot problems
- Maintain system configurations and documentation.
- Facilitate documentation for inventory control, receiving, and auditing.
- Create, maintain, and grow knowledge resources, such as FAQ libraries and intranet sites.
- Support mobile devices, including iPhone and Android.
- Monitor systems use to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Various other tasks associated with deskside services, such as presentation set up/tear down, printer scheduled maintenance
- May need to be available for On-Call Rotation
- May need to be available to provide support at other client locations as needed
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience supporting Windows and Mac desktop / laptop in a corporate environment.
- Apple Remote desktop
- Adobe Creative Suite support
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and proactive spirit, with a desire to learn and grow.
- Able to uphold a positive attitude at all times, even under stressful conditions.
- Help desk experience, ideally in a corporate environment
- Experience supporting remote facilities is ideal
- Proven ability to handle challenging, rapid-response user support.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and have full physical ability to move furniture and perform light maintenance as described above
- Mac and PC (hardware & software) troubleshooting.
- Mac OS X, Linux, Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8/10 operating systems.
- A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Certified Casper Technician (CCT)
- Certified Casper Administrator (CCA)
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
- Apple Certified Desktop Technician (ACDT)
What you’ll get:
- Work with brilliant minds, often within a global capacity;
- Comprehensive Benefits package that includes 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and much more;
- Opportunity to participate in professional development eLearning programs within the Stefanini University, and other virtual trainings as well.
Why we’re different:
- Brazilian and privately owned company;
- Agility, flexibility, and innovation are in our DNA;
- Flat organizational structure which enables faster communication and decision making!
Take a look for yourself!
Here's one of our own, talking about the culture, space and growth opportunities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8O37KNINdY