Deskside Technician I
US - WI - Madison
Who we are
Stefanini is a full service global provider of offshore, onshore and nearshore IT services, including application development and outsourcing services, IT infrastructure outsourcing (help desk support and desktop services), systems integration, consulting and strategic staffing to Fortune 1000 enterprises around the world. We have over 25,000 employees across 77 offices in 40 countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia.
What will you do?
Our client is looking for a Windows 10 Migration Technician with experience supporting a Windows 10 migration. You will be responsible for migrating desktops and laptops to Windows 10. This will be a very hands on position and candidates must be willing to crawl under desks while being professional. The candidate will interact with customers on a daily basis and must have sharp organizational and communication skills in order to schedule customer visits and meet the target time given to complete tasks. This candidate must be able to work independently as well as working closely with a team.
What do you need to succeed?
· Complete and troubleshoot Data Migration from old pc to new pc.
· Test and clean PCs, laptops and other related hardware as needed.
· Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot software and computer peripherals as needed during the upgrade.
· Set up, configure and add all required hardware during upgrade.
· Restore all user and configuration data from user’s backup.
· Provide resolution of end user’s technical issues post migration.
· Provide technical support to end users via telephone or deskside after migration as needed.
· Assure that all tickets requiring follow up work and/or calls are resolved to closure within target..
· Assist in researching and documenting improvements to processes upon discovery.
· Assist coworkers in resolution of end users’ technical issues post migration.
· Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
This position is based out of Madison, Wisconsin.