Deskside Technician I
US - CA - San Dimas
What Will You Do?
Performs client-site servicing, repair and/or installation of company product(s). This job may include any aspect of product field support, including system hardware and software, and systems networking.
Developed expertise in a variety of work processes or activities typically developed through a combination of job-related training and considerable on the-job experience. Typically acts as a lead, coordinating the work of others, but not a supervisor.
Provide hardware/software support services to onsite client including break/fix
- Implement virus detection and eradication procedures
- Diagnose end-user system failures and implement repair solutions
- Diagnose printer and other peripheral devise failures and implement repair solutions
- Troubleshoot network devices in order to ensure connectivity from the PC to the Network
- Providing installation and upgrading services of hardware and software
- Configuration and troubleshooting of phones and other mobile devices, tablets, and PDAs
Setup and troubleshooting audio/video equipment such as projectors and video conference equipment
What Do You Need To Succeed?
High school diploma or equivalent required. Typically requires a minimum of 4 - 6 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of multiple manufacturers and operating systems
- Excellent troubleshooting capability
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to complete assignments with no supervision
- Ability to search internally/externally for support information
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Ability to travel locally and in-state to support other sites, if applicable
- Valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance, if travel is required
- Attendance and schedule adherence are requirements of this position
- This position includes continuous walking, bending and lifting equipment sometimes up to 50 pounds and engaging in labor related duties of connecting computer equipment
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization
- May develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position or specialization
- Using established procedures and working under immediate supervision, performs assigned tasks
- Work is routine and instructions are usually detailed
Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels