Deskside Technician I (Rockville, MD)
US - MD - Rockville
The Deskside/Field Service Technician will be providing deskside support to end users and will interface with a service desk and a customer IT support team to achieve deliverables supporting the end users. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated and organized individual. A strong emphasis is placed on providing a timely resolution to support requests and providing a high level of quality customer service. Ideal candidates should be very self-motivated due to the independent nature and responsibility of the environment.
- Provide hardware/software support services to onsite client including break/fix
- Implement virus detection and eradication procedures
- Diagnose end-user system failures and implement repair solutions
- Diagnose printer and other peripheral devise failures and implement repair solutions
- Troubleshoot network devices in order to ensure connectivity from the PC to the Network
Skills, Licenses, Knowledge, Education and Training Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience as a Help Desk Technician or equivalent
- ServiceNow ticketing system
- Tech level 1 qualifications.
- Level 1 Basic A+ Skills
- Experience Imaging Laptops via SCCM
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid foundation of Personal Computer experience
- Troubleshooting capability
- Overall knowledge of desktop productivity products
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proven ability to remain flexible in a changing environment
- Attendance and schedule adherence are requirements of this position
- May require additional project-specific training
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.