Deskside Technician I
US - WI - Racine
The Deskside Technician will be providing deskside support to end-users on a Single Point of Contact project and will be located onsite at our client location. You will be a member of a team that interfaces with a support center and a customer IT support team to achieve deliverables supporting the end users. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated and organized individual. A strong emphasis is placed on providing a timely resolution to support requests and providing a high level of quality customer service. Ideal candidates should be very self-motivated due to the independent nature and responsibility of the environment.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing installation and upgrading services of hardware and software
- Diagnosing end user system failures and implementing repair solutions
- Diagnosing printer and other peripheral device failures and implementing repair solutions
- Troubleshooting network devices in order to ensure connectivity from the PC to the network
- Setup and troubleshooting audio/video equipment such as projectors and video conference equipment.
Required qualifications include:
- Two to three years of deskside experience including the ability to fix printers, desktops and laptops
- Excellent troubleshooting capability:
* Experience in using the following PROTOCOLS: DHCP, and DNS
* Experience with JAVA
* Familiar with IPCONFIG and all its switches
* Bitlocker, and the Bitlocker Command Console