Deskside Technician I
US - TX - Irving
Job Title Description:
The Deskside Technician will be providing deskside support to end users and will interface with a service desk and a customer IT support team to achieve deliverables supporting the end users. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated and organized individual. A strong emphasis is placed on providing a timely resolution to support requests and providing a high level of quality customer service. Ideal candidates should be very self-motivated due to the independent nature and responsibility of the environment.
- Desktop/laptop tech support
- Mac OS X, Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8/10 operating systems.
- Support phones, printers, wireless, VPN, etc.
- Performs asset management functions to include inventory control, receiving equipment, auditing computer stock
- Schedule and perform software/hardware upgrades, new installations, work space moves, etc. in conjunction with Office Services.
- Prioritize and respond to service desk requests in accordance with company procedure
- Maintain repairs, spare parts, and components.
- Research and troubleshoot problems
- Maintain system configurations and documentation.
- Facilitate documentation for inventory control, receiving, and auditing.
- Create, maintain, and grow knowledge resources, such as FAQ libraries and intranet sites.
- Support mobile devices, including iPhone, Android, and Windows Mobile.
- Monitor systems use to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Various other tasks associated with deskside services, such as presentation set up/tear down, printer scheduled maintenance
- May need to be available for On-Call Rotation
- May need to be available to provide support at other client locations as needed
- Experience supporting Windows and Mac desktop / laptop.
- Apple Remote desktop
- Adobe Creative Suite support
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and proactive spirit, with a desire to learn and grow.
- Able to uphold a positive attitude at all times, even under stressful conditions.
- Help desk experience, ideally in a corporate environment
- Experience supporting remote facilities is ideal
- Proven ability to handle challenging, rapid-response user support.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and have full physical ability to move furniture and perform light maintenance as described above
- Mac and PC (hardware & software) troubleshooting.
- Mac OS X, Linux, Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8/10 operating systems.
- Attendance and schedule adherence are requirements of this position
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.