Deskside Technician I
US - NY - East Greenbush
Job Title Description:
The Deskside Technician will be providing deskside support to end users and will interface with a service desk and a customer IT support team to achieve deliverables supporting the end users. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated and organized individual. A strong emphasis is placed on providing a timely resolution to support requests and providing a high level of quality customer service. Ideal candidates should be very self-motivated due to the independent nature and responsibility of the environment.
- Desktop/laptop tech support
- Windows 7/10 operating systems, Mac OS X,
- Support phones, printers, wireless, VPN, etc.
- Schedule and perform software/hardware upgrades, new installations, work space moves, etc. in conjunction with Office Services.
- Prioritize and respond to service desk requests in accordance with company procedure
- Maintain repairs, spare parts, and components.
- Research and troubleshoot problems
- Maintain system configurations and documentation.
- Facilitate documentation for inventory control, receiving, and auditing.
- Create, maintain, and grow knowledge resources, such as FAQ libraries and intranet sites.
- Support mobile devices, including iPhone and Android.
- Monitor systems use to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Various other tasks associated with deskside services, such as presentation set up/tear down, printer scheduled maintenance
- May need to be available for On-Call Rotation
- May need to be available to provide support at other client locations as needed
- Experience supporting Windows and Mac desktop / laptop in a corporate environment.
- Apple Remote desktop
- Adobe Creative Suite support
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and proactive spirit, with a desire to learn and grow.
- Able to uphold a positive attitude at all times, even under stressful conditions.
- Help desk experience, ideally in a corporate environment
- Experience supporting remote facilities is ideal
- Proven ability to handle challenging, rapid-response user support.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and have full physical ability to move furniture and perform light maintenance as described above
- Mac and PC (hardware & software) troubleshooting.
- Mac OS X, Linux, Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8/10 operating systems.
- A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Certified Casper Technician (CCT)
- Certified Casper Administrator (CCA)
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
- Apple Certified Desktop Technician (ACDT)