Deskside Technician I (Tucson, AZ)
US - AZ - Tucson
Stefanini has a Deskside Technician position in Tucson, AZ. This is a long term assignment with one of our clients in the manufacturing industry. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, has excellent customer service and well experienced in deskside support.
The Deskside Technician will be providing deskside support to end users and will interface with a service desk and a customer IT support team to achieve deliverables supporting the end users. We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated and organized individual. A strong emphasis is placed on providing a timely resolution to support requests and providing a high level of quality customer service. Ideal candidates should be tech savvy, embraces new technology and changes quickly.
The technician will be located at the customer's facility providing support in a manufacturing environment that will consist of standard PC hardware and software troubleshooting.
- With existing Deskside experience and Basic troubleshooting skills including: hardware, software, printing, networking, file shares, etc.
- Windows 7 and 10 experience – a bility to resolve Windows 7/10 Operating System Issues and Errors
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Applications (Office 365)
- Remedy Software or related ITSM ticketing tool experience
- Printer support can include various brands of printers, various types of scanners
- Customer infrastructure support
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with computer asset tracking
- Experience with user ID creation
- Some experience with support and administration of network phones (VoIP system).
- Understanding of Symantec Virus Scan software
- Needs someone who can embrace new technology
- Needs to make sure that they aren’t stuck in their experience
- Can work with multiple platforms, devices, etc.
- Can find new solutions to new technology challenges
- Ability to sift through technical issues and know what to do next and/or when to escalate for help
- Ability to walk and bend and perform labor-related duties of connecting computer equipment
- Ability lift up to 50 lbs. when moving electronic equipment
- Ability to maintain and abide with compliance activities driven from a central compliance group
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Must be amenable with doing Overtime work when needed
- Needs to be well dressed, presentable and polished
- No specific educational experience
- Strong sense of customer service
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Technical degree or equivalent end-user supporting experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Team-oriented / team player / ability to share ideas as well as listen to ideas
- And other duties as requested.