Deskside Technician I (Simi Valley, CA)
US - CA - Simi Valley
- Deskside Technician I in Simi Valley, CA
- Be able to travel multiple times per week between Simi Valley and Newbury Park (40 miles round trip, until the site is closed later this year).
- Experience in a Packing/Distribution site/ work environment
- Experience in a Manufacturing work environment
- 2+ years of experience providing desk side support.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills including: hardware, software, printing, networking, file shares, etc.
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Applications (Office 365)
- Remedy Software or related ITSM ticketing tool experience - Remedy preferred
- Printer support can include barcode printers, various types of scanners (mainly HP and Sharp)
- Ability to resolve Windows 7/10 Operating System Issues and Errors
- Network troubleshooting skills and knowledge (mainly Cisco)
- Understanding of Symantec Virus Scan software
- Customer infrastructure support (wiring and connectivity)
- Proficient in Microsoft Active Directory
- Ability to maintain and abide with compliance activities driven from a central compliance group
- Experience with computer asset tracking and lease management
- Working knowledge of Cisco devices/networking is preferred
- Some experience with support and administration of telephones (PBX system and/or VoIP system).
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Strong sense of customer service
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to sift through technical issues and know what to do next and/or when to escalate for help
- Technical degree or equivalent end-user supporting experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Team-oriented / team player / ability to share ideas as well as listen to ideas
- Ability to walk and bend and perform labor-related duties of connecting computer equipment
- Ability lift up to 50 lbs. when moving electronic equipment
- And other duties as requested.