Deskside Technician I (Lafayette, IN)
US - IN - Lafayette
Stefanini has a Deskside Technician position in Lafayette, IN. This is a full time assignment with one of our clients in the manufacturing industry. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, has excellent customer service and Windows 10 PC Deployment. The position will require an individual to solve customer support issues by visiting the end-user's location. The technician will be located at the customer's facility providing support in an office or manufacturing environment that will consist of standard PC hardware and software troubleshooting.
Looking for someone that is tech savvy, who embraces new technology and changes quickly and well experienced with Deskside Support
- Windows 10 experience (required)
- Executive support experience (not required but great to have)
- Office Suite (365)
- Needs to be well dressed, presentable and polished
- Needs someone who can embrace new technology
- Needs to make sure that they aren’t stuck in their experience
- No specific educational experience
- Someone who can work with multiple platforms, devices, etc.
- Someone who can find new solutions to new technology challenges
- With existing Deskside experience
- Must be amenable with doing Overtime work when needed
- Excellent troubleshooting skills including: hardware, software, printing, networking, file shares, etc.
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Applications (Office 365)
- Remedy Software or related ITSM ticketing tool experience
- Printer support can include barcode printers, various types of scanners (mainly HP and Sharp)
- Ability to resolve Windows XP and Windows7 Operating System Issues and Errors
- Understanding of Symantec Virus Scan software
- Customer infrastructure support (wiring and connectivity)
- Proficient in Microsoft Active Directory
- Ability to maintain and abide with compliance activities driven from a central compliance group
- Experience with computer asset tracking and lease management
- Experience with user ID creation
- Some experience with support and administration of telephones (PBX system and/or VoIP system).
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Strong sense of customer service
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to sift through technical issues and know what to do next and/or when to escalate for help
- Technical degree or equivalent end-user supporting experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Team-oriented / team player / ability to share ideas as well as listen to ideas
- Ability to walk and bend and perform labor-related duties of connecting computer equipment
- Ability lift up to 50 lbs. when moving electronic equipment
- And other duties as requested.