Deskside Technician I
US - CA - Emeryville
Who we are
For 30+ years, Stefanini has been helping midsize, large and global enterprises increase the efficiency of their IT operations while also helping them leverage information technology to empower their businesses. Our offers include efficient, cost-reducing and effective services (IT Infrastructure Outsourcing, End-User Computing Outsourcing, Application Managed Services, and Mainframe Modernization). With robust offerings aligned with market trends such as automation, cloud, Internet of Things (IoT) and user experience (UX), the company has been recognized with several awards in the area of innovation. Today, the company has a broad portfolio of solutions that combine innovative consulting, marketing, mobility, personalized campaigns and artificial intelligence services for traditional solutions such as service desk, field service and outsourcing (BPO). We have over 25,000 employees across 77 offices in 41 countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia.
What will you do?
- Perform routine system administration tasks according to the training and procedures established in the IT department
- Install hardware and software on client’s PCs, as required to troubleshoot/resolve issue
- Performs centralized computer administration tasks (virus scanning, software deployment, etc.)
- Participates as a team member to achieve established objectives, by working in close liaison with local and international colleagues
- Working in accordance with Stefanini and client quality standards, procedures and work instructions
- Reporting on progress, issues, and problems to the supervisor; giving suggestions to optimize service offered and process improvement
- May receive additional responsibilities and tasks
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, as well as other physical labor related duties associated with moving, installing, or connecting computer equipment. This could include continuous walking, bending, twisting, and/or lifting.
What do you need to succeed?
- High school diploma or equivalent year of experience in a similar desk side/remote desk side position
- Entry level experience in a similar desk side/remote desk side position
- Knowledge of Windows and Apple Systems: / WIN7 / WIN8.1/WIN10 / Mac OS
- Team player, flexible, service-oriented, excellent communication skills, analytical, structured and self-managing
- Knowledge of Dell and Apple hardware
- Knowledge of standard software – installation, maintenance, and best practices, and troubleshooting of Windows 7/WIN 10 / Mac OS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Typically requires a minimum of 2-3 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of multiple manufacturers and operating systems
- Excellent troubleshooting capability
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to complete assignments with no supervision
- Ability to search internally/externally for support information
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Ability to travel locally and in-state to support other sites, if applicable
- Valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance, if travel is required
- Attendance and schedule adherence are requirements of this position
- This position includes continuous walking, bending and lifting equipment sometimes up to 50 pounds and engaging in labor related duties of connecting computer equipment
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization
- May develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position or specialization
- Using established procedures and working under immediate supervision, performs assigned tasks
- Work is routine and instructions are usually detailed
What you’ll get
- Work with brilliant minds, often within a global capacity;
- Comprehensive Benefits package that includes 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and much more;
- Opportunity to participate in professional development eLearning programs within the Stefanini University, and other virtual training as well.
Why we’re different
- Brazilian and privately owned company;
- Agility, flexibility, and innovation are in our DNA;
- Flat organizational structure which enables faster communication and decision making;
Take a look for yourself
Here's one of our own, talking about the culture, space and growth opportunities: https://youtu.be/j8O37KNINdY