Database and Apps Services Manager
US - FL
- Database and Apps Services Manager in Tampa, FL
- 6 month contract
- Will play a vital role in managing and performing database administration activities in a largely centralized environment spanning multiple lines of services. Specifically, database optimization/tuning is critical to the overall performance, scalability, high availability and security of applications such as PeopleSoft and GFR that are critical to internal and client service staff.
- Database optimization/tuning is critical to the overall performance, scalability, high availability and security of applications such as PeopleSoft and GFR that are critical to internal and client service staff.
- Works with client facing applications in collaboration with client service staff and involves recommendations for application optimization.
- Candidate should have 5 - 8 years experience performing Database Administration services.
- rior experience working in a UNIX environment
- Experience working in an Oracle and/or SQL Server environment with latest or recent versions of database software
- Experience working in a UNIX (Sun Solaris) and/or Windows Server environment
- Very familiar with SQL and procedural based SQL based SQL (T-SQL,PL/SQL)
- Solid understanding of database backup and recovery strategies
- Solid understanding of database performance tuninfg strategies
- Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- BMC Patrol
- UNIX shell or Windows scripting Experience with the following may be required depending on the role:
- Advanced Replication
- Data Warehousing
- High Availability/Clustered Solutions (e.g. Real Application Clusters, Grid)
- Storage Area Networks (SAN) Undergraduate Degree (e.g., BA, BS) or 5 yrs IT experience