US - MA - Boston
- Data Modeler in Boston, MA
- 9 month contract
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical data models to support data analysis, data integration and business intelligence.
- Create and maintain current- and target-state data architectures.
- Define and manage standards, guidelines and processes to ensure data quality.
- Work with IT teams, business analysts and data analytics teams to understand data consumers’ needs and develop solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies for data management, storage and analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience in data warehousing, data modeling and/or data analysis
- Good knowledge of data management, data integration and database development techniques
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to relate architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs
- Experience with UML, ERD, BPMN, DMN and other modelling notations
- Experience with database technologies (e.g.,SQL, NoSQL, Oracle, Hadoop, Teradata)
- Experience with data integration technologies and using canonical models
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology
- Experience developing reference architectures, principles and standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and work with diverse project teams