Data Engineer (SAP)
US - TX - The Woodlands
Data Engineer (SAP)
The Enterprise Data Enablement/Data Practice group is responsible for service offerings that advance Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Management, and Data Security for the corporation across SAP as well as non-SAP environments. The group works closely with all Business Units to understand business requirements for the 100 PB of data flowing through our technical systems; align and standardize our services to make it easier for the business to find, trust, and care for their data; and introduce new technologies, methodologies, and best practices that are adaptable across all business lines.
We have immediate need for individuals that are capable of interacting with end users of business units, technology architects, and data engineers to integrate new data technologies/tools across the enterprise. They will be responsible for quickly understanding a technology that has potential use organization, working with a project team to evaluate the technology, advancing the technology from proof of concept through full implementation and developing/documenting the support framework for the support organization.
Preferred candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Show core competencies in SAP Systems Integration, Data Analysis, Data Migration, and Application Development
• Demonstrate critical thinking, analytical skills, and employ judgment to offer thoughtful, concise input toward resolutions of problems.
• Be able to translate data requirements into business processes and reverse engineer business processes into data requirements
• Comprehension of DevOps and Agile development and application to data centric architecture and solutions
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with strong English proficiency
• Demonstrate leadership skills needed to successfully promote ideas, coordinate work activities, and plan deliverables within a project team.
• Hold a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Computer Science, or closely related field
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in SAP Data Management and Governance, SAP Data Services (Data Extract, Data Profiling, de-duplication)
Preferred technical competencies include the following:
• Project Management experience
• Database handling languages (SQL and variants)
• Data modeling (physical and logical), ER diagrams, data dictionary, data map, normalize/denormalize, agile data modeling
• Data manipulation tools such as: SSMS, SSIS, TOAD, Access, Excel, Info Steward, Data Services
• Practical skill sets in BI and Data visualization tools
• Knowledge of other programming languages and ability to write code (i.e. VBA, python, XML)
• Advanced knowledge of ETL
• Advanced knowledge of SAP
• Experience with SAP Master Data and tables preferred
• Experience with programming using SAP BDC's and BAPI's preferred
• Experience integrating Winshuttle with Salesforce will be a plus
• Experience with MS InfoPath or any other software application for designing, distributing, filling and submitting electronic forms containing structured data
• Experience with SharePoint 2010 or 2013 development preferred
• Experience with HTML, Web Services, ASP.Net, AJAX tools for .net preferred
• Knowledge of XSLT, XPATH , WCF, Web API preferred